Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Why do things never seem to get better?

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
lilyfrog

Postby lilyfrog » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 pm

I am very new to here so sorry if this is long winded, Ive never yet been admitted onto a psychiatric ward but have been through A+E and onto a general ward. The last time after an attempt I was discharged last weekend.
I have been given 2 separate Mental Health Assessments and only just scraped through staying at home. I really cannot face going to hospital. The general ward was bad enough.

I have a lot of hard situations going on at the moment and not dealing with them well at all. I dont trust people to top it all off. I do at the moment trust my gp but she has had to pass things on to the community mental health team as my attempts are getting to close to call (so she says) I have been under the home based treatment team a few times but they get annoyed with me as I dont trust them and cannot open up and tell them how I feel. I had a CPN but cancelled and asked for discharge as I failed to feel I was worthy of her. I get the help but the only person I dont seem to push away is my GP. I dont know what it is with her.

I am scared, I know that if I try anything else I am going to be admitted. I dont want that but my mind is always fighting me. All I can think of is not being here. It goes through my mind constantly.

amaya

Re: Why do things never seem to get better?

Postby amaya » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Can you go back to the GP and ask that she helps you to make a connection with the community mental health team that you can keep? It sounds like if you want to stay out of hospital you will really need their help and you deserve the support to help you towards a recovery. You post is not long winded and you are always worthy of help and being listened to :)

lilyfrog

Postby lilyfrog » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Thank you, for your reply. I was released from the general ward to home as I said that I would work with the team but thats one of my anxiety issues, i cannot talk, or let people know how I feel I dont know how to accept the help. I push them away.

As I feel tonight I really need them or I will be in hospital I really hate feeling this way.

teamn

Postby teamn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:15 am

Hi lilly frog,

Hope your ok.. have you thought if just copying abs pasting the post from here abs showing it to the next person that visits you, that means you do not have to talk, and still engage with them, abs they will understand why you've been avoiding them, just a thought.

I think we all explain ourselves so well here, and in writing, and it's easy to how someone else how we feel from this, I did it, it worked fir me, it made social worker understand where I was at and they could support me.

Sorry about my spelling, my posts are filled with errors I'm surprised anyone understands, just too lazy to recheck and change . :lol:

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:52 am

Hi lilyfrog

Hope you are feeling a bit better today. Take things slowly and at your own pace.

The idea of writing everything down is an excellent one. You could expand on it a bit if you wanted to but the post as it is says it all.

Isap x

Return to “Safe Room”