Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Do not see the point

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...

Re: Do not see the point

Postby jazzrose343 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi I do have some appointments booked and stuff for sorting long term stuff but the immediate problem is that I have lost the money my family needs to get through next week.

I really am struggling to see the point in carrying on because I will lose everyone I haveeft when they find out.

My reckless habits with money when I am ill cause nothing but hurt and pain and I feel I just can't take it anymore

Postby beach » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Austerity is crushing people. And it does seem to be particularly hard on men. Being reckless when unwell is part of being unwell. You are being so hard on yourself. You are human, we all make mistakes, none are perfect, and we can change and improve things. Better that than end it all.

Postby teamn » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:35 pm

So true Beach,

Austerity is crushing many people, jazzrose, I hope you get some help, food bank maybe (but obviously you have to be in receipt of a benefit to get it). It's hardcore , so tough out here, but I agree with beach, being reckless goes with the illness, it's like a distraction.

Postby amaya » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:18 pm

There will be a way through, even if you can't see it. Just keep telling yourself that.

Food bank is a great idea, I've had to use them myself in the past and it makes for random food for a week or two, but definitely takes the pressure off. Do you know of one near to you?

Postby rsxo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:35 pm

HI jazzrose343,

I disagree - I think that your family and friends would be very upset to hear that you are no longer part of their life, and may feel guilty for not doing enough to help you. Causing them a lifetime of pain won't make them happier, and it stifles any chance you have of making things better for yourself!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Safe Room”