Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Bereavement

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
Cyprus

Bereavement

Postby Cyprus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 am

Well when you think things can't get any worse had 2 policemen knock on my door at 2 pm to tell me my dad had died had to go tell my sister and his grandchildren phone my son in who's on holiday phone relatives and didn't really take anything in
Then phoned police my dad lives 4 hours from as it was an accident he was knocked off of his bike to find out he's been knocked off his bike by a drink driver I am so angry how can someone be so selfish so now can't calm down
I am not sure I will be able to cope with all it entails I am next of kin
At least now I have a reason to be sad
Cyprus

amaya

Re: Bereavement

Postby amaya » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 am

I am so sorry to hear that. Can you phone your doctor today and maybe ask for some extra support. It sounds like you need a bit more back up now. Did you manage to get any sleep?

christabel

Postby christabel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 pm

So sorry to hear of your sad loss Cyprus.

Try to get some support. Don't shoulder everything.

Take care. Chris

teamn

Postby teamn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Oh my goodness, sorry is not enough to say, but I don't know what else stay, I'm shocked to read that and can't imagine what your going through. Please seek your dictionary out fir further support, and when your ready contact Cruse Bereavement Helpline, they are brilliant and we're a great support to me when I had to cope and deal with the shock of sudden death and the grief of loss.

Cyprus

Postby Cyprus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 pm

It's so tough
Got physcharist tomorrow I have waited so long but don't know if I can do it it's feeling with my dread I don't know if it's because I will be admitting I need help I am scared of my own feelings

teamn

Postby teamn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:35 am

I felt the same with my first appointment, I think it's a normal response. But if they are a good psychiatrist you won't regret it st all. This s such a brace stepmdot you tight now, takes courage and strength to heal, and you have so much on your plate right now, but remember day by day, moment by moment, or you'll burn out even more than you have already.. all the best once again, enjoy your day as best you can, considering your dealing with funeral and all other things.

Cyprus

Postby Cyprus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Thanks team she was lovely didn't go through a lot but go back in 2 weeks
It's all complicated because of circumstances of death been a nightmare can't do anything yet has gone to cononer x new meds sleeping tabs let's see how that goes
Signed off for a few more weeks so trying to relax today x

teamn

Postby teamn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 am

Hi
That's good to here, and hope in two weeks that the next session is helpful. In regards to bereavement, I hope the coroner duties are completed swiftly fir you and family , so that you can begin to plan further. A hope you get some rest and relaxation today.

P,s thanks for responding, considering what your going through.. take Care x

Return to “Safe Room”