Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I'm feeling fairly low tonight *pos trig?

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
Dovahkiin

I'm feeling fairly low tonight *pos trig?

Postby Dovahkiin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:41 am

Not posted in a while since my friends death, but I'm feeling quite low tonight, no self harm urges or suicide urges, just feel low. Just feeling a bit dodgy tonight. Maybe due to a difficult therapy session today? I don't know..

brachypelma

Re: I'm feeling fairly low tonight *pos trig?

Postby brachypelma » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:46 am

Loss is never easy to bare so many hugs for doing your best. Maybe you can take it light in therapy for a while? save some distress in this time of loss. Hope you feel better soon.
pk x
Time takes away the last few moments..

umbrella4therain

Postby umbrella4therain » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:51 am

hugs. xxx

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:56 am

Thank you both. Therapy was relatively light today, we talked about my friend a little. Which was a bit distressing, then we talked about my fear of crossing roads. I suppose thinking about it it wasn't that light going, but I'm not seeing him again til the week after next as he's off on the friday. I hope I'll be okay by then. My friends funeral is next week and hopefully I'll be able to go, it's just a fair distance to travel. I just really need closure on it I suppose. Thanks for the hugs guys. Really means a lot. xxxx

brachypelma

Postby brachypelma » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:02 am

The funeral may be a great distance but if you can make it or not you can still light a candle at home if you are unable to go. Maybe it was a little heavier than you need but at least now you know it could have been lighter you can make the next one a level down or a couple to make it easier on you.
Time takes away the last few moments..

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:05 am

That's an excellent idea PK (about the candle) I hadn't thought of that. I'll go out and buy one just in case I can't go. And yeah my next session will be a little bit lighter I think. I hope. xxxx

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:13 am

you could have a small memorial at home for your friend if you are unable to go to the funeral.
many years ago in therapy i talked to my therapist about someone i knew who died,and she said it was really important i said goodbye in some way,so i could move on.

i will be thinking of you
x
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

tracie

Postby tracie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 am

so sorry for your loss sweetie

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Thank you all. I think that's a good idea RJ. Sorry I'm struggling for words a bit over this subject at the moment. xxxx

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I think the suggestion about a candle is great. If you can't make it you can still be a part of the funeral and say your goodbye to your friend.
When someone dies it can really rock our foundations and make us feel incredibly vulnerable. I hope that you've had some support lately x

Return to “Safe Room”