Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

A warning

Ask, explore, query, share
mihaela

A warning

Postby mihaela » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm

This is a warning to all vulnerable people, to those living in ***** particularly, and to *****, the local organisation that claims to be protecting us.

I have autism, and a few years ago I was given a support worker to help with my big disability - severe executive dysfunction. She only visited me three times, after which I never saw her again. I was given no warning or explanation, no letter, no phone-call - just a wall of silence. Some months later, I heard a rumour that my then social worker, a rather arrogant little man, known to have been a 'bit of a lad' in his youth, poorly educated and with an obvious ignorance of HFA, had taken it upon himself to 'close my case'. I have been seeking a social worker, support worker or CPN ever since, and have been sent round and round in circles getting nowhere - which itself is very stressful. I've been promised a lot but received nothing.

However, in the meantime, a conman, was visiting the ***** in *****, a place used by people with mental health difficulties for crafts, courses, coffee mornings, etc. He overheard me talking to one of the staff about my many problems and lack of support. When I left, he came up to me, took me out for a coffee, and promised to solve all those problems, look after my money, etc.

He cultivated my friendship over 18 months or so, 'grooming' me to such an extent that I was completely under his control, and too afraid to break free. He is a smooth-talking, highly convincing yet highly manipulative man - and a compulsive liar. I learnt all this too late, for he ended up stealing all my money and even stealing my house, and two further houses left to me by my mother. He transferred the houses into a 'shell company' he had, called Premier ***** Clinic Ltd - and he is the only director. He promised to use the money for renovations of the house that I still live in. Not a penny was spent. I have no heating and no hot water thanks to this man, who claimed to be a Christian and actually even attended Bible College for two years. Always in black, with dyed black hair, he's more like the Devil incarnate!

I'm still waiting to hear from the police. Meanwhile this sex-obsessed fraudster is freely walking around the town and has even begun using the ***** (*****'s successor to the *****). I've warned ***** about him, and have told them that many people who knew him will vouch for all I say. He's been banned from three churches, the ***** army cafe and an autism cafe - where he seeks his vulnerable prey - older women with money and attractive young women. Yet the one place that attracts more vulnerable people than anywhere else locally is allowing him to come and go as he pleases.

Staff reassured me that they wouldn't allow him to cause any trouble on their premises, and that I would be physically safe - but that's hardly the point. He's not stupid enough to cause issues there, for to him the place is only a means to an end. The rest happens later, and is well-planned. ***** shouldn't simply be concerned with anything illegal that happens on their premises, but should surely do all they can to protect their users from predators 'grooming' them on the premises! After all, that's how he met me. Am I being cynical, but are they really only concerned about protecting their reputation?

The effects of this dangerous man upon my health and life have been devastating, just as they have been upon several other women I know - far too much to talk about here, and very painful too.

It stands to reason that if my support worker hadn't been taken away from me, none of this would have happened. The man feels he's invincible, yet he's a coward too, for he ran away from the police station, and ran away from the brother of one of his victims.

Let this be a warning to others. Be very, very careful about putting your trust into strangers who appear to friendly, for their friendliness is a act, and their motive is to exploit. Always tell others what's going on - before it's too late. [***** redacted 19 march]
Last edited by mihaela on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wand

Re: A warning

Postby wand » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:06 pm

I am sorry this has happened to you, but can I ask how did he steal 3 houses from you? So he owns the house you live in now? I hope you get some help sorting this out surely the solicitors that handled the exchange/paperwork can offer some advice? They must have surely drawn a contract up for what he would do for the cost of the houses?

mihaela

Re: A warning

Postby mihaela » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:04 am

Thanks for your reply. He was very clever, and took advantage of my trust. Yes, in theory he owns this house, but he can do nothing with them. They're all useless to him. He's a dangerous fool. It's still in the hands of the police, but things have now started to move, and the future looks brighter. I don't want to say too much at the moment. I just wanted to warn vulnerable people to beware of these sociopaths and their fake charm - especially anyone locally who reads this. I'll have more to say when the time comes.

Return to “Information Exchange”