Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

The healthier I get, the less I sleep. Do you believe?

Ask, explore, query, share
moet36

The healthier I get, the less I sleep. Do you believe?

Postby moet36 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 am

About 6 months ago I made a huge lifestyle change. I stopped eating fast food entirely, and now eat nothing but healthy foods. I stopped drinking caffeine and sugary drinks, I exercise every week day for and hour to an hour and a half cardio or weights(Lost 37 pounds so far).

The problem is, I cannot sleep! I am up until about 3:00-4:00am every night and wake up at 7:00 to get to work at 8:30. Oddly I am not tired or sleepy during the day, in fact I feel energized throughout. I do take Zoloft and Tofranil but I have been on them for years and they have never caused any side effects. Could it be that because I am healthier and my brain chemistry has changed to such an extent, I am now getting side effects? Is this even a problem if I feel fine? I sure get more reading done, but I don't want this to lead to problems down the road if I ignore it.

Thanks

deb1960

Re: The healthier I get, the less I sleep. Do you believe?

Postby deb1960 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:09 pm

You could have a word with your gp. I don't think id be over concetnef tjough. Is your mental health fine. If your lifestyle and diet was horrendous then perhaps you have found a new you

Deb x

rsxo

Re: The healthier I get, the less I sleep. Do you believe?

Postby rsxo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi moet36,

Perhaps your body is still adjusting to the change in lifestyle. But that change is only temporary, and the process can be sped up by using meditation before you go to sleep to calm your body right down!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Information Exchange”