Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Do I have the right?

Ask, explore, query, share

Do I have the right?

Postby brachypelma » Tue May 15, 2012 7:35 am

mother f**ker that last one was shocking!

In opinion's of my friends romans and countrymen:-

Do you think I have a right to complain and ask for a move?
Thats 3 times this flat has attempted to kill me 3!! First a small electric shock (not static) from the heater, 2nd some electrical fire almost killing me in my sleep (satan's going to have to wait a bit longer) and 3rd time lucky another shock from that damn heater, that thing sparks on the switches every time I use it but only shocked twice thus far.
Not to mention light fixtures keep happen to want to come undone with exposing wires (glad fire didnt get in there!) and the tap pipes are coming undone etc this place is starting to become a daily gauntlet!
Time takes away the last few moments..
brachypelma

Re: Do I have the right?

Postby umbrella4therain » Tue May 15, 2012 8:45 am

Absolubtely. That place doesnt sound safe at all. Has your landlord arranged for someone to look at your electrics? Get them out asap to make the place safe. If you want to move, no harm in asking. xxx
umbrella4therain

Postby deadchick07 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:22 pm

you do have the right to complain.

quote from this http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/repairs_and_bad_conditions/home_safety/hhsrs

and threaten them with the environmental health giving them a deadline of 14 days to come out and repair the heater and check the electrics, then take action by calling environmental health.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty
deadchick07

Postby brachypelma » Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 am

Thank you DC, I gave them an email last night stating the issues and that i need the electrics and a few pipes looking at with a list of damages and resulting consequences/dangers but thus far have failed to contact me. I just sent them another saying i will give them 14 days from the original email I sent.
I have had to turn that heater on again its on at the moment since all my animals are now in the room but prepared with a long rubber glove to turn it off, no way am I touching that again.
brachypelma

Postby brachypelma » Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 pm

I got 3 calls today about the flat one for the pipe appointment 28th i think, one for electrics on friday and a call from the new housing officer after the last one got well too many complaints from me so was replaced :evil: who is actually going to brave a face to face with me to talk about the state of the garden area.
brachypelma

Postby deadchick07 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:24 pm

success!
I'm not mad, I'm furious

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty
deadchick07

Return to Information Exchange