Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Mental illness can affect us all

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
mj_mk

Re: Mental illness can affect us all

Postby mj_mk » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks Lilia.
I appreciate your response. I have read through your posts and responses. Certainly does help. I have good days and bad days, but you are right I do need the support myself. Is good to chat to people on here, that have an idea of what i'm going through.
Sounds like you have been through a rough time too. How are things now?
Hope to speak to you again.
xx

Lilia

Postby Lilia » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 pm

hi mj. The house goes up for sale tommorow, very sad but maybe when iv moved away from this town he will start to work along side the therapy, who knows! I can only hope he will and now i have decided to stay out of his recovery cause theres nothing else i can do. Are you in contact with your partner? your friends only care about you cause they see what you go through that doesnt help when they dont support you though. Iv had a therapy section today my self and didnt rearly think it would help but it did, maybe thats an option for you, you need to be strong for your self. The therapy center i used is called tree tops you may want to google it , they offer a free service although im paying to get in quick. Please keep up your posts im hear to listen and you can help me too :) xxxx

mj_mk

Postby mj_mk » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:07 pm

hi again

Yes I am in contact with him. for the first few days of his treatment he was drugged up and barely concious and didn't know who I was. I wasnt allowed to visit as he wouldnt give permission. he had a bad reaction to that medication though and they took him off it. Now he seems to of gone back to his old self- which is still the same self that needs help. i assume they are observing him and diagnosing the problem, but there has been well over a week without medication. i can't see it helping. He is saying he will be realeased tommorow, but I dont understand what the last two weeks were for if thats the case?

Have been to visit him most days after work. Gone home alone to a new house (i moved in the middle of this) and cried myself to sleep. I just feel so alone.

However I do want to support him and I will. Therepy may be a good answer. Will definatly look into it. I have had a bit before, but i didnt really give it a change. I really need to learn to build my confidence up and cope on my own.

Glad to hear you're doing ok. I admire you for being able to make a fresh start. A new home will be exciting.

I am really glad to be talking to you and hope that i can be of some help to you too.

speak soon
xxx

Lilia

Postby Lilia » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:21 am

hi Mj. Can you speak to the therapy center to see why they are are releasing him tommorow? and what meds he should be taking. Is he going to live with you when he comes out? cause if he is you need to set some boundries! I know that might seem harsh but if he isnt working along side the therapy it does both of you no good. I am taking a herbel antidepressant called 5htp holland and barret stock it. I take it at night it calmes me a little and enables me to get some rest which is healing. I know you want to support him which is great but be aware of how much you can take! When you love someone so much tough love is the only answer, iv tryed the careing role it doesnt work for him or me! . I love my partner but he needs to be responsible for his illness we cant cure it! but they can manage it! regardless of there depression we all have choices in life and they have been given the advise and the tools to help them selves only they can do it. Please do not feel responsible for it. Remember you are important too! Thanks for your message it does help a lot. Im going to try and do some exersise this week to boast my own mood I normaly go to the gym but i havnt had the energy at all recently. Let me know how you are take it easy and one day at a time. xxxx

mj_mk

Postby mj_mk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi Lilila.

How are you today?

My boyfriend came out on Tuesday. I wasn't able to talk to anyone at the center as they will only speak to his father. He isn't on any meds at the moment as he had a terrible reaction to the one they gave him. Halaperidol - have you heard of it? I'm a little worried about this as i think he does need something. He has gone back to live with his parents although he does spend a majority of the time with me at my house. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's back, but it's exhausting. He gets very hyper and is hard to handle.

I think it is too early to tell if he is working along side the treatment. Will have to trust and hope. We are not even sure what is wrong yet :-S

I do really need to work on the taking it to heart part though as I make it things worse for myself by getting upset that he insults me or ignores me or doens't consider me in his irrisponsible actions. I always think if i was better/nicer/prettier etc it wouldnt happen, but thats not true. We have always stuck together and I have to remember that and be strong.

Did you manage to do some exercise? I belong to a gym and too havent been much recxently. Am going to try and get back into as that certantly does help!

Speak soon

xxx

Lilia

Postby Lilia » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:05 pm

hy MJ. I'm ok had a bad day yesterday got quite upset for most of it, just thinking why why!! but I had a good sleep last night and back on track. I cant see him cause it makes me too upset. its bin six weeks now since he left, time is helping although its very sad. I went swimming twice this week it was nice but took all my energy but I'm going to keep it up.

The drug u mentioned is an anti psychotic. Is he returning to the centre for therapy? A friend of mine went through treatment for psychotic episodes and she was hearing voices I year on and she is healthy and happy she is still under supervision from the docs and needs to monitor her state of mind but proof that the right meds can work, she was given lithium.

Don't ever think this is your fault cause its not at all.! One day when he is well he will sit back and appreciate all you have done. When you spend time with him are you having a nice time too or is it all difficult? get to the gym girl and eat healthy foods fruit n veg ext that all adds to strong mind and body. let me know how you are. xxx

deadchick07

Postby deadchick07 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:38 pm

i am pointleess
I'm not mad, I'm furious

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

johnie2

Postby johnie2 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:47 pm

No you are not,you do good work,you help people here , you are a good mother. There is a whole lot of point to you.
Namaste

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:55 pm

i recognize those feelings, love, but they are not true, hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."

sinbad

Postby sinbad » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi I am new to this and mental illness but my son just been admitted to hospital after suicidal thoughts almost attempt. It is hard not to be able to do anything and sometimes or rather a lot of the time you want to say pull yourself together and get on with life but they can't and you know they can't. Tonight I will sleep soundly knowing he is being taken care of. I wish all family and friends the strength and resolve to stand by their loved ones and see them through their very difficult time and hopefully see them restored to their normal lives.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”