Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Mental illness can affect us all

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness

Re: Mental illness can affect us all

Postby Kessian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 pm

The doctor called an ambulance while i was talking to him. Somehow i get the feeling you all knew that would happen and that is why you encouraged me to go. Thank you, things are happening not sure what the outcome is going to be. My brother found out i was taken to hospital and brought me home today. People are talking to him and i feel a bit left out. We have talked, told me i totally screwed myself up but i did what he couldnt do. I asked for help and somebody finally listened. Things are still being sorted but mum and dad may be moved, while nothing is final he is moving back home while i get better but if things work out he may be here for a while. I know he means if mum and dad are moved he is just not saying it.
Kessian

Postby judithj » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:13 pm

that was a very brave thing you did, well done. keep talking to us, love, we'll always listen, hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."
judithj

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby Kessian » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm

We have 2 carers coming today so i started cleaning up yesterday. My brother sent me to bed, guess i am still tired. Just do not want peoplpe to think the worse. But hte worse i suppose is why i am in this situation. 2 carers i cant beleive it, MYy brother doesnt want to be here, he would rather i came home with him. I think i should it is just hard
Kessian

Postby Kessian » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:43 pm

I feel bad as it is and i feel i have let my parents down. But if that is right why am i not crying. My stomach feels like a battlefield and there is only one room where it gets easier. I know my brother is concerned for me and i am glad he is here. Have i betrayed my parents.
Kessian

Postby judithj » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:15 pm

you haven't betrayed your parents in any way. it sounds as though they and you have been struggling for a long time with this situation until you had the courage to take action.
it's going to take some time to sort things out so that the best solution for everyone is reached. it may be difficult for your brother to move back, both from an emotional and a practical point of view, while for you to move in with him may also cause difficulties because it may involve changing schools and this isn't a great time for you to do that. is it possible for you, your brother and your carers to sit down and discuss the options open to you? hugs, Judith xxx
judithj

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby ethansmum » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am

My mum had a nervous breakdown in 1985 and this affected my older brother and me.

As the years have gone by, this has had a knock on affect to us and it is so hard to get the support back from close family members now I am facing challenges with my mental health with the anxiety disorder.

I do have a few friends I can turn to but you tend to feel you are off loading and burdening people - you shouldn't, but you do...it is hard for them as they dont really have your head and understanding.

Thats the problem with mental health, you can't show people what is wrong or pin point it.
ethansmum

Postby pamihx » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Im new to this.

My name is Pamela and my brother has been suffering some sort of nervious break down which has been slowly building up for the past 2 years.

This has only been notice by family members in the last week where myself and older brother decided that medical help was needed fast. No diagnosis has been made but he is showing signs of pschizophrenia (unsure of the spelling sorry).

I would have never have thought that my brother would go through this, not on his own. Which he has been for the past 2 years and hid it well. No one in my family has ever experienced anything like this. I am concered about him but he is now on treatment and each day is as it comes. Some good, some bad. But we are here and supporting him every step of the way! x
pamihx

Postby judithj » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:53 pm

hi Pamela, it's good to hear you are supporting your brother. i hope that the number of good days will start to outnumber the bad ones, hugs, Judith xxx
judithj

Postby mj_mk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi everyone.
I've joined this site in the hope of finding a little support and advice??
Last week my boyfriend was admitted to a mental health unit. He has been ill for a while and life has been very tough for a long while. He has done several things that have affected our lives very badly. Although his family and I have stuck by him throughout this my friends have not me. he is all i had and I'm los without him. I also lost a baby recently and been dealing with that on my own. It's seems so hard at the moment. I love him very much, but i get no love back and I feel so worthless and alone.
How can i find the strength to keep on being supportive when i feel so alone myself?
mj_mk

Postby Lilia » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:38 pm

hi mj. Hoppe you are ok? its terrible you have to go through this its not fair on you! pls read my posts there on hear under how to help! iv bin chatting to lots of helpfull people and it definetly helps. You cant help your partner he needs proffesional help as much as we try to help we in the end make our selves ill. Sound like youve had a rough time. Believe me when I say this you can get stronger and in time when your partner gets the right help he will do but in the mean time you need to look after you! You are important as well you need support too! dont be afraid to ask for help I have booked an app with a therapist my self cause I feel drained with it all. So sorry to hear you lost your baby, things happen for reasons and maybe its not the right time for you. Keep the faith Im hear if you need a chat. Lilia xxxx
Lilia

PreviousNext

Return to Family, Friends and Carers