Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I don't know what to do

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
dragonfly

I don't know what to do

Postby dragonfly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:45 pm

After 30 years of dealing with this I don't know what to do. My husband has for all this time been accusing me of having relationships with other women. He has apparently seen me with people , read things , watched me on my phone , found evidence . None of these these things have happened. I have never been unfaithful in thought word or deed since I was 15, I am now 57.
He has in the past been diagnosed as bi-polar , but he refuses to accept this, he says he is depressed because of what I do. From reading I think he has psychotic delusions.
There is no reason why anyone, doctors , family, you, should believe me, after all it would be more likely that I am doing these things than that he is seeing things.
I have always thought that one day he will see the light, realise all of it is not true and we can be happy. But I think I have been fooling myself, and this will never happen. I'm getting older, I don't want to be like this the rest of my life. He wont accept anything I say, wont take medication, it is all me.
I feel like no one has ever been in tis situation except me, no one can imagine what it is like . I have no one to turn to.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”