Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Horrible week, traumatic event and argument

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
olivia705

Horrible week, traumatic event and argument

Postby olivia705 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:29 am

Hi, this is my first post but ive reached out in a time of desperation because im just crying at work in a right state.

Earlier this week i watched my friend had a very horrific miscarriage in hospital and i think im suffering a lot, i am completely traumatised and everytime i think about her screams and all the blood it makes me cry.

I asked my fiance last night if we can start planning our wedding for next year and he starts saying he does want to marry me but he's stressed at the moment from work and he doesn't want to think about it yet, He agreed a date but asked me to stop speaking about it which put me back a bit but i could see he was stressed, this morning we had a big argument (tired induced/stressed) because i needed to get ready for work and he wouldnt wake up to look after our son who is 10 months, to which he started name calling and saying he doesnt want to get married. My partner is slightly autistic, so he sometimes says hurtful things that he doesnt mean when he's got too much going on in his head, so i have to take it with a pinch of salt most the time but with everything i saw last week and what happened this morning ive hit a low point, i havent taken my antidepressants for 5 days now

amaya

Re: Horrible week, traumatic event and argument

Postby amaya » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:39 am

I think you need to go straight to the doctor. Ask for extra support and someone to talk to. Tell them you are worried about trauma. If you don't receive an empathetic response then see another doctor until you do.
Start taking the antidepressants again so that you are not upsetting whatever balance you had before. If they need changing I would do that with the doctor and not just stop taking them yourself.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”