Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Depression

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
mekisanam98

Depression

Postby mekisanam98 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi guys!
I don't know if that is the right place to post I just need someone to talk to:(
Its a struggle on daily basis to get out of bed let alone looking after the little and going to work,but you just get on with it kind of thing. I feel really depressed on daily basis and I know its starting to affect my relationship as well as interacting with the little one. I am a carer working in a care home and I find it really draining on me as the job is extremely difficult. I don't want to complain because a lot of different people have it way worse then me I just don't know what do to feel normal...

amaya

Re: Depression

Postby amaya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi and welcome :)

It is the right place.

A few questions that might help:
Have you been to see your GP about this?
Can you talk to your partner about how you are feeling?
Do you have support with the little one?
Are you in a union at your work, probably unison? (I used to do care work and I know how it is.. you could also have work related stress or the beginnings of a burn out. Not necessary, but possible.)

Complaining is good because it is telling how you feel. You do not need to feel guilty. Staying strong to get through is okay for a coping mechanism for short periods of time, but when things are really hard you need safe places to show how you are struggling so that you can start getting help and support for yourself. So this is not a place where you have to worry about that sort of thing. Tell us whatever you need to :)

Feeling normal? haha does that actually exist?
If you mean healthy.. then you can have that, but you might have to change a few things and the doctor is usually the place to start.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi mekisanam98,

Sorry to hear how you feel. Just because other people have it worse, doesn't mean that you don't need help. Have you seen a GP about this, or perhaps a counselling service at your workplace?x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

toasterx

Postby toasterx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:31 am

You may want to check whether you have a magnesium deficiency too, most people are seriously low for iodine and magnesium which are essential to our health and wellbeing, not least our brains and mood. Magnesium in particular can help with mood and cognitive ability and is cheap and readily available.

T

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”