Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Small improvements

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
lilliep

Small improvements

Postby lilliep » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 am

Over the past weeks there has been some improvement. He’s been prescribed antidepressants and has agreed to try them. I see him every Sunday and he now seems happier to spend time with me, his texts to me are now more chatty and he accepts my phone calls, he holds my hand, hugs me back and kisses me, affection is returning, passion not yet but I’m hopeful. Small steps at his pace is what I’m doing. It’s been a hard couple of months but I’m feeling a little more positive.

christabel

Re: Small improvements

Postby christabel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi lilliep

Thank you so much for getting back to us with an update. It all seems positive so I'm really pleased. Don't be too worried if there is little setbacks along the way as this often happens.

Keep us informed. It makes a nice change for people to think of letting us know when things improve.

Take care. Chris

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi lilliep,

Good to hear from you again - I'm really glad that things are looking up!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

lilliep

Re: Still small improvements

Postby lilliep » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Progress is still very slow but I’m hopeful. I see him every week now, sometimes twice a week. He’s pretty much always happy to see me. He’s become a bit of a hypochondriac but the randon ill feelings seem to vanish once I’ve persuaded him out of the house and he relaxes in my company a bit. We talk about things we did in the past that made us laugh. He lets me hold his hand, hug him and show him affection, he never objects to me kissing him, he gives a just a little affection back. He’s never suggested we stop seeing each other he’s just happy with ‘friends’ right now. He decided against drugs and is trying counselling starting this week, I just hope they don’t tell him to give up on me. I miss the man he used to be, I still hope he’s there somewhere and he still loves me.

lilliep

Postby lilliep » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:20 pm

So things haven’t changed much. I see him once a week, sometimes twice. He’s never refused to see me but he always chooses the date and time. He holds my hand, hugs me, kisses me with the passion I remember and miss so much, but that’s it, he says he has no sex drive still (at least he admits this now, he used to blame me), that he feels numb and has shut off his feelings to protect himself from hurt. He goes to counselling but it’s not helping as he’s not really willing to do what they ask him to. He won’t take the antidepressants even though he keeps saying he will try. He often drinks too much, his friends still think taking him out drinking all night is helpful!! Me, I’m slowly giving up, I love this man with all my heart but I can’t see any end to this and I feel so alone and unloved and he really doesn’t care, says he has no empathy.

cinphe

Postby cinphe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:34 pm

nice Post Thanks For Sharing!

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:08 pm

If things are steadily improving, and he really is the love of your life, then I would give him some more time. What he is feeling or not feeling is related to his illness. If he didn't want you in his life I don't think he would be making the time to see you when he is so ill. I see hope in your posts. But you are the one who knows when you have hit your limit.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”