Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

my husband has depression I don't know how to cope

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
jocky

Re: my husband has depression I don't know how to cope

Postby jocky » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Nell
I'm in the exact same position, if he knew that I was on here he wouldn't understand and that would only cause more upset.
Today has been one of the worst he has told me that I make it all about me. This makes me so sad as the crying I do is for the loss of my loving soul mate who is disappearing into this seemingly endless black hole.
And today all I seem to be doing is crying. I have no close friends I can talk to as he was /is my best friend
Sry I seem to be moaning on here because I've no where else

daviddman

Postby daviddman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 pm

My partner suffered from depression for a long time and been on anti depression pills. But resently he lost his job and it got worse because of his mood swings he has angry moment where he throw my stuff across the room breaking it. He go disappear for long night walk for hours on end I up all night worrying. Be have bout of sadness where be crying his eyes out and not want to do anything. I have a young son who 2 and am 8 months pregnant his depression is effecting me and the rest family. And it feel like he not same person fell in love with. I don.t how to help him :(

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:41 pm

I think you need to encourage him to go back to the doctor to seek extra support through this difficult time.

alandal

Postby alandal » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:48 pm

I am in a similar situation with my husband. For the past two years I have been constantly on edge waiting for the next bout of depression to hit, meanwhile I have been dealing with everything at home, our house, the dog and keeping my job and trying to keep relationships going with friends and family. It’s exausting. I have recently become so burnt out that I have been worried about my own health, I have started to have regular phone calls with a well-being person at my GP’s which have been helpful in describing my own feelings and how this has impacted on my health. What I have learnt from these sessions is that you can’t do everything for your partner all you can do is be there for them and encourage them to seek the right treatment. You also need to put yourself first no matter how difficult it is to do that.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”