If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
scn

Re: Depressed boyfriend has pushed me away

Postby scn » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:21 am

I'd be keen to join too if that's OK. What's App is cool with me xx

james80

Postby james80 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 am

Hi guys. Sorry to hear the horrible turn that has occurred with a few of your stories lately.

I agree after a while this forum (and others like it) stop being so helpful. It just fuels the pain. I still find myself reading blog posts and forum discussions night after night. Not sure what I'm even looking for now. Its hard to cut it out after months of doing the same thing. I suppose it's hard to relinquish that hope that they will miraculously recover and things will go back to what they were like before. Only that won't happen. Even if they do come back this experience has changed the relationship. You'd have to start again, and with the good chance this will happen again. And tbh them coming back seems very unlikely.

I had a nice weekend with friends. I talked to a friend who had this happen to him actually, with a girl he met online and who for a brief period it looked like being a really good thing, until she suddenly withdrew and cut him off, only he just walked away and met someone else. Its made me think it is more common than I realised, only a smaller percentage of people stick around. Not sure if that makes us special or Stupid!

ariane

Postby ariane » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:55 am

Morning all,
I have to run into a meeting but i have created the following email address whatsappsane@outlook.com if you want to email me phone numbers i will create the whatsapp group. i will only leave this email live for a couple of days.
Kik reminds me of when i first started online dating and these guys would bring me onto the app to send me nude and frankly graphic pics of them so i'd rather whatsapp if its all the same with anyone else.
I will check the email throughout the day

mr.brightside

Postby mr.brightside » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:55 am

I've read the article and I'm 100% in agreement with it! It's an eye opener though that it's almost become thus social phenomenon - in a negative meaning of course. I think that the important thing is that it isn't a reflection of who we are as a person, but a reflection of our exes problems (or maybe quite simply if their mean personality!).

Ariane, I have been keeping away for the same reasons as James and for the same reasons you, Lilly and others are now looking to move onto a different communication platform. If male members are welcome, I'd like to try joining too... I'll email during the day...

mimosas

Postby mimosas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am

Lillie thanks for the link. Very interesting reading and totally validates the way I am feeling.

Ariane I have sent an e-mail

Hope we are all having a better day xx

ariane

Postby ariane » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 am

Mimosas, just added you and sent you a whatsapp

mimosas

Postby mimosas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:29 am

mr.brightside wrote:I've read the article and I'm 100% in agreement with it! It's an eye opener though that it's almost become thus social phenomenon - in a negative meaning of course. I think that the important thing is that it isn't a reflection of who we are as a person, but a reflection of our exes problems (or maybe quite simply if their mean personality!).

Ariane, I have been keeping away for the same reasons as James and for the same reasons you, Lilly and others are now looking to move onto a different communication platform. If male members are welcome, I'd like to try joining too... I'll email during the day...

Mr B I've said for a long time that firstly the internet, then social media and now mobile technology have given so many ways for people to be able to easily behave badly towards others. It would have been so much harder in earlier times to either completely disappear, re-invent, be someone you're not, or on the other hand completely shut someone out of your life. It's horrible. In my probably mis-guided message to his friend and family I said 'how would you feel if this happened to someone you care about' ... it all comes down to treating people in the way you'd like to be treated yourself. Personally I'm such a useless liar and beat myself up if I ever think I have hurt someone I just couldn't do it. End of rant!

I'm more than happy to have the males in the group, I'm sure the others will be too, you have contributed just as much as we girls have.

ariane

Postby ariane » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:36 am

Mr B, absolutely do email and i will add you in.

Still puzzling me if someone is ghosting someone else why do not they delete or block on whatsapp, facebook or messenger. i remain unblocked and still friends, why?

mimosas

Postby mimosas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:50 am

Ghosting is usually blocking all forms of contact, if you haven't been blocked then maybe he still wants a way of seeing what you are doing?

I got blocked on Facebook even tho we'd never been friends on there!

I also think its a control thing, if they block you, they then hold the power to unblock, you tho are powerless.

EDIT ....I misunderstood ghosting, I assumed it was blocking , but I can see it can also just be ignoring someone. I went through both stages, ignored then blocked
Last edited by mimosas on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr.brightside

Postby mr.brightside » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:51 am

Ariane,

They probably haven't blocked or de friended us because they are "orbiting"... See article below

https://www.manrepeller.com/2018/04/orb ... sting.html

This world is going crazy! Not only we're getting ghosted but orbited too!

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”