Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Depressed boyfriend has pushed me away

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
LadyKeldana

Re: Depressed boyfriend has pushed me away

Postby LadyKeldana » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Hey girls,

I thought'd i jump in with my side, as i'm the one with depression in my relationship. Unfortunately, far from pushing him away i'm pretty much dependant on him, but i thought i'd try and put down how the thought process works for us, just to see if it helps.
you know the old "if you love something, set it free" saying? (If its yours it will come back to you, if not it was never truely meant to be) well i love my other half to pieces. i really do. don't know what i'd do without him and happily intend to spend the rest of my life with him.
BUT
on my low days i wish he'd just leave me. i spend half of the time convinced he's going to and the other half wishing he would because he's too good for me and i don't deserve him. I'm just dragging him down with me when he should just go find a normal decent girl to be with.

so thats just whats going through our minds when we push you away. Sorry if thats not much help, just thought it might be useful.
i really hope you all manage to work it out, i know its really hard, and also remember that a lot of people who's partners have depressio end up depressed themselves so make sure you take care of yourself too.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”