Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
kat32

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby kat32 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:18 pm

I mean doped up with prescription drugs, my auto spelling tends to change without noticing it.
It's been a bit quieter over the past few days. It's probably because I answer him back through the walls.

I had feedback from an interview only thing was the firm picked someone with experience. It upset me a bit but I know something better will come along next time.

My relatives are ill, one has a sever flu, bad migraine and asthma is playing up. She's taking honey and lemon, inhalers and paracetamol. Resting, I'm helping out with food, house chores and shopping.
The other well he says he's ok but he doesn't walk proper and looses his balance, he nearly fell back when he went up the stairs the other day. It'd be easier to move house but no one wants to move so I guess we'll have to get stair lift soon.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Kat!

Sorry to hear about the job interview. I always think of them as good practice for next time.

I'm glad it has been a bit quieter for you and I understand why you don't want to be doped up at night but it is a shame that this neighbour is affecting your life by making you stop taking meds.

It seems to me that you are coping really well in a tough position but I'd be lost without my meds and I worry for you because you don't feel you can take them right now.

I'm sorry to hear that your relatives aren't in good health, that must be worrying too.

Wishing you well and good luck with the next interview.
x

kat32

Postby kat32 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks

I'm worried about my I'll relatives, she seems to have a bad case of the flu. She's cold all the time, she's taken her inhalers, sleeping it off. I wish she'd get better. If she's like this Monday I'll take her doctors as its affecting her chest.

I think the boiler needs servicing as its cold in here.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:28 pm

That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure she will be glad to know you are thinking of her. How have your outings been? Did you manage any with having your interview this week? How are things with you otherwise?

george42

Postby george42 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:08 pm

I feel so alone and desperate. I have suffered from mental health problems as long as I can remember. I've been hospitalised, on so many different medications, had 24 sessions of ECT which I really regret because of the effect it has had on my memory, and nothing gets any better. I'm a mum of 3 children and my husband left us over Christmas because he couldn't put up with me anymore. I also have an autoimmune disease which affects my joints so makes walking difficult and means I'm in pain a lot. I so desperately want to die, more than I can ever put into words but I'm always being told my children need me and if I committed suicide they would probably go onto have mental health problems too. So I'm trapped in a hell of desperate hopelessness, pain, and longing for the day I can die so it will all stop. I'm on so much medication (lithium, mirtazipine, clonazepam, ,lamotrigine, olanzapine ........ the list goes on and doesn't include the meds I'm on for my physical condition) but nothing helps. I so often wish I hadn't had children so I could just die and then feel immense guilt. What sort of mother wishes she hadn't had her children? I know I will never get better but I'm forced to drag myself out of bed each day and try to meet the needs of the children because I desperately don't want them to experience one ounce of what I feel every second. I feel so alone and hopeless.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:04 pm

andthistoomustpass wrote:That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure she will be glad to know you are thinking of her. How have your outings been? Did you manage any with having your interview this week? How are things with you otherwise?

The last outing, was fine but yesterday I went in the shop looking at craft magazine and these shop assistants were talking about me and the lottery. I've never had the lottery from them. I was going to buy something but after what they said I walked out, it's there loss. I still think I'm better getting work out of the area. I can't believe how many people make up rubbish stuff about me. Unless someone pinched my identity.

Ah, I'm concentrating on looking after my relative who is laid up. She's improved a little bit. She watched a film with me earlier on.

tillie

Postby tillie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:54 pm

I'm new to here. I don't really know what to do in life at the moment I do feel so alone. I was hoping this year would be better but it's even worse with the sudden loss of my uncle who I was very close to. I've been suffering with mental illness for years but GP's will only ever offer tablets. I'm so desperate for some help. :|

kat32

Postby kat32 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:35 pm

You've come to the right place.

From Jannuary to March life has many upheavals. It has many illnesses, deaths and depression. Once we reach March to October we tend to lift our moods, more things to look up to. Then from End of October to December our moods begin to drop, we are expected to do a lot towards Christmas, we have parties, then once New year starts we are exhausted and theirs no events to look forward to.

Can I ask, are you working. I know if one is not studying or working then there's nothing to look forward to, if you have children think about them.
It looks like you want to change, and you can. You need to know what you want, for example New job, family, then think about the steps you need to take, jot them down and try each step at a time.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:50 pm

He's at it again, only just said something about my relatives. I swear if he comes near them I'll have him. I'm getting fed up of hearing him. I guess I'll have to make enough noise as possible.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Today I turned up the volume my neighbour shouted something awfully. The music worked, I guess I'll have to keep doing the same thing when he shouts. I wish I could move, had enough of him.
But for now I'll just turn up the volume.

Other than that I'm alright.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”