Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
andthistoomustpass

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi Kat

I'm glad you are ok.

You're right, keeping on trying is what leads to success.
Nothing good comes easy.

I don't think you should be grateful for what job you get.
If you don't want to do care work then I think you should avoid it as far as you can without getting sanctioned.

Believe it or not you are in a good position because at least you know the sort of work you would like to do. Many people don't have a clue.

I hope you continue to stand up for yourself and work towards the type of job you want. I know it's tough without experience.

I know five ways people have succeeded.
Some have gotten the qualifications.
Some have done lots of volunteering in the area they want to work in to gain experience.
Some have just gotten lucky.
Some have gotten a really poorly paid job to start with,
a friend got his start in IT by being a 'tech' at pc world. A few months of that along with some night school was enough to get a job in an IT support role.
After that he got better and better jobs till he got one he wanted.

The most successful people seem to have mixed all of the above, volunteering while getting qualified then taking a really low paid job in the area they want to be in and working up from there. Luck always helps too :)

If you keep trying, I'm sure you will get there.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 pm

Thanks,

I have been studying distance learning qualifications, short COD courses which interest me, I have had to pay for them, but it interest me and hoping it will help me get into paid work. The other thing is experience, I shall look at the volunteer organizations and register, I have tried before but I didn't have the CPD qualifications.

I've applied for retail, admin, skills tutor, IT trainees, content writer, cleaning. I guess I need to stop worrying about why I'm not getting anywhere or getting interviews as that's what agencies ask me on the phone.

I have looked at postgraduate, Masters courses but don't know if I want to study at local institute after what went on.

I think the best option for now is to keep applying for everything and try to get experience in different environments.

I'll see how it goes.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:43 pm

I have a few interviews next week, I should be grateful, but I don't feel it. I will do my best to get work, iits not in IT but it'll help me get the dole off my back. The closet job interview is on Monday I'll be helping clients in activities. I ve been looking at careers sites, looking at job profiles. I've been thinking about getting work experience in tutoring or activities worker. I guess I'll wait and see how it goes.

I don't understand why I feel like it was crime not to be offered work helping people in IT last year. I had great success and feedback but it wasn't to be. I don't get why they wouldn't offer me work like they did with others. They could have helped me in to similar types of work. Oh well, it's not fair how I wasn't considered as a person with feelings, to the dole I'm just a target that needs to be met.

I shall do my best in my interviews if I get the job on Monday I'll be alright. I guess I'll see how I get on.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi

If you got great feedback then maybe their budget ran out or something so they couldn't take you on. These things do happen. Maybe contact them and get your name on a reserve list?

Good Luck with the interviews. I'll be with you in spirit. Let me know how they go.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 pm

He's at it again, nextdoor, I wish he'd leave us alone. I so want to move out of here and live in a place where It's quieter. I'm ignoring him but it's getting ridiculous, if I had the money we'd move out but I've got responsibilities.

I'm ok otherwise,

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:30 pm

What do the people you live with say about what's going on with the man next door? Can they help?

kat32

Postby kat32 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:34 am

Well, I haven't said anything as they'll say it's only me, but I have herd them shouting his name in the morning .I want to say something about him but I don't want to be made to go doctors as they won't believe me.

Strangest thing was that it was quiet last night, which helped me relax but I'm beginning to get my loft door weighted down.

I'm ok, I have to be.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:14 pm

I have had another peaceful evening unroll this morning. He's a right bully, I wish he'd move out and leave me alone. My loft trap is half finished, the bells worked the other night. I'll try and finish it.
I still don't like going out, yesterday I walked to the other bus stop and these woman were looking at me and saying something I can't repeat.
Then at the shop these men came up close to me in he Queue. Thankfully I got served.
This morning is ok, been out with someone, but I feel like getting a job out of the area. They went to far last year what ever they put up online about me. I'll never work their again.

On the brighter side the suns out and cheers me up.

I guess I'll be ok, I have to be.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:46 am

Hi Kat

I'm glad you are able to see positive points, not everyone can.

I know you will be OK, you're a fighter like me but it's nice to get a bit of support too.

It's awful dealing with a bad neighbour. Is there no one who you can talk to who might help?

BTW

Why don't you like going to the doctor?

Take care
x

kat32

Postby kat32 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 pm

It doesn't happen though, even if I apply for work in my chosen field he and his Mates make awful comments.
It puts me off applying for work I want to do. He's creepy

I don't want to go the doctors as I don't want to be dipped up at night, not knowing if he's in my room or not, I rather come off them and fight him if he does come in. I hate him.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”