Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
kat32

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby kat32 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Bully boy of neighbours shouting through the wall, God I wish he'd leave me alone, it's only cause his girlfriend's gone work. He only does it when she's not their. He's such a creep.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:46 pm

I apologise for being outspoken I can't help it, I've moulded in ti this way over the years, but I have realized and am understanding how my illness through an article.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Hey Kat

You don't need to apologise for your posts here. Feel free to speak out. I'd be worried for you if you stopped being honest here, where I am happy to hear from you.

I think you are right not to dwell on stuff. Thinking about things only makes them stronger. I'm trying to find and focus on positives, that way my positive thoughts will become stronger. BTW. Well done for your continued outings.

I need to start losing weight too. I really am far too big. I'll start cooking again rather than buying stodge on the way home. I keep telling myself to start walking to work too. I'll start with walking home I think but first I need to get sleeping properly. Can't do anything tired.

Good luck with your efforts. From what I've gathered from your posts, you are strong enough to reach any goal you set yourself.
x

cj4

Postby cj4 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi guys. I'm new here so don't really know what to say. I've been unwell for a long time with severe anxiety and depression and self harm, my doctors know all of this but I've hidden stuff like I switch off sometimes but my mind keeps working, I hurt the ones I love the most, I move but I can't control where I'm going. I want help but I'm too afraid to get it. That's why I'm here I guess

kat32

Postby kat32 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:44 pm

You have come to the right place. Have you thought about going doctors, accessing councleng, therapy.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:53 pm

andthistoomustpass wrote:Hey Kat

You don't need to apologise for your posts here. Feel free to speak out. I'd be worried for you if you stopped being honest here, where I am happy to hear from you.

I think you are right not to dwell on stuff. Thinking about things only makes them stronger. I'm trying to find and focus on positives, that way my positive thoughts will become stronger. BTW. Well done for your continued outings.

I need to start losing weight too. I really am far too big. I'll start cooking again rather than buying stodge on the way home. I keep telling myself to start walking to work too. I'll start with walking home I think but first I need to get sleeping properly. Can't do anything tired.

Good luck with your efforts. From what I've gathered from your posts, you are strong enough to reach any goal you set yourself.
x

Thanks, it's not nice living next door to him, he's really annoying me. His mates are the same. If it wasn't for me hearing about the loft and what was going on, I wouldn't have been any wiser. But now it worries me at night when I'm asleep, I wished we'd never moved here, if I knew who lived next door I would have not bothered moving here. But as I am not working I can't afford to move.
The worst thing is that I heard the printer working last night but my tablets knock me out I can't do anything but listen.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Kat, that must be an awful feeling.
Just goes to show how strong you are that you can cope with everything and still push forward to improve your life. Things will get better. You are making them better with every positive thought, positive plan and practical step, such as your outings.

I'm rooting for you.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Thanks

I don't feel positive but it will come in time. It be nice just to motivate myself and others to have a good clear out. It won't take all my worries and concerns but it'd make me feel better.
I do feel ok, but don't feel settled with what I know now. I have tried to make a barrier of beads and attach it to the cieling buy it broke in my hands. I might have to rearrange my room somehow.
My ideal home would be a dormer bungalow or a house with a flat garden front and back, no steps to the entrance and an extra room downstairs with downstairs bathroom. I find these things help me get through the day, a spring, dreaming of nice things.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi, I'm ok, I'm just thinking about where I went wrong last year, if I hadn't have applied for loads of jobs and going to interviews, and kept on my IT placement Iight have been offered the job. But then again if I hadn't gone to interviews then I would have been sanctioned. I miss helping people with computers, being in an environment where helping clients like in community hub in activities made me feel like I achieved something.
But I don't know if I will be given a chance to help others again. Everyone wants me to work in Care, I like the idea of Activities assistant, worker and social inclusion but I'm worried that if I do go in Care they'll just get me to do the dirty work. Even when I see the activities post advertised I apply but get turned down.

I have ideas on setting things up but I don't have the money and no support on that front. I did ask about freelance but he said it was better to work for someone in IT, but with no paid experience it's hard.

I guess that I should be grateful for whatever I get, it just hurts knowing that others get to work in their chosen field they have studied for. I feel like going back to writing stories and trying to sell them on but I can't concentrate enough to start. I do write, jot down odd chapters for my second book but I don't have the time, due to jobsmatch, interviews, home. If I could get part time work helping in IT, or activities, I'd have time to write and explore craft but at the moment it's not possible.

I doubt I'll get work as I've had unsuccessful replies. I've only had two interviews this year. Last year it was one, two every other week. I guess what's being said about me is mainly the reason I'm not getting anywhere.
I shall keep on trying but its just the norm to me.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi Kat

I'm glad you are ok.

You're right, keeping on trying is what leads to success.
Nothing good comes easy.

I don't think you should be grateful for what job you get.
If you don't want to do care work then I think you should avoid it as far as you can without getting sanctioned.

Believe it or not you are in a good position because at least you know the sort of work you would like to do. Many people don't have a clue.

I hope you continue to stand up for yourself and work towards the type of job you want. I know it's tough without experience.

I know five ways people have succeeded.
Some have gotten the qualifications.
Some have done lots of volunteering in the area they want to work in to gain experience.
Some have just gotten lucky.
Some have gotten a really poorly paid job to start with,
a friend got his start in IT by being a 'tech' at pc world. A few months of that along with some night school was enough to get a job in an IT support role.
After that he got better and better jobs till he got one he wanted.

The most successful people seem to have mixed all of the above, volunteering while getting qualified then taking a really low paid job in the area they want to be in and working up from there. Luck always helps too :)

If you keep trying, I'm sure you will get there.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”