Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
kat32

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby kat32 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Today I turned up the volume my neighbour shouted something awfully. The music worked, I guess I'll have to keep doing the same thing when he shouts. I wish I could move, had enough of him.
But for now I'll just turn up the volume.

Other than that I'm alright.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:46 am

I am exhausted listening to him next door, I'm doing my best to ignore him but he started early this morning.
I think he's gone work now, thankfully I can get a few hours piece. I don't want to go doctors as I know it's not me illness. I know me relatives have herd him as he's said things to them all but no one mentions about it.

I don't want to ask them if they have heard him as they'll only brush it off. Him and her next door are so gone to far. I keep an online journal of what's being said. I hate him,

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi Kat

Sorry I've not replied for a while. I might not be back for a bit after today. I have a lot to deal with at the moment.

Glad to hear that you are looking after your relative. Is she any better?

I hate that things are still bad with your neighbour. I understand why you are worried about not being believed. Have you thought about making a recording? That way you could play it back for your relatives and your doctor. I still worry that you are not taking your medication, I understand why but you should take care of your health. I know how easy it is to slip back without realising it.

I hope you look after yourself. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

ATTMP. x

kat32

Postby kat32 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks
She's better than than she was. My other relative had his scan the other day, he's not very well. But won't admit that he's in pain. I'm hoping we get a clear picture next week what's going on but I don't think it'll be a quick fix.

jim86

Postby jim86 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:31 am

Try and stay strong life can be tough at times

kat32

Postby kat32 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks, I hope the doctor doesn't sugar coat my relatives illness as I can only bear it, especially when he says he's fine when u can see when he's not. And with next door still shouting through the walls I just want to scream and shout at them and bang on the wall, tell them to shut up.

I shall be alright, just need to relax.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:28 pm

As a wise man once said...

"You smart! You loyal! You a genius!"

:D
RSxo <3

calypso

Feel very lonely

Postby calypso » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:58 pm

My 16 year old daughter has been heavily into drugs for the last year. She was bullied form a young age and this had made her desperate for a friendship circle and she has made some bad choices. She is angry from the bullying - we did try to handle this via the school but I'm not sure if really helped although our daughter could see were supporting her - still got bullied though. Once we got directly involved and that just made things ten time worse! It was a fee paying school and I think they just try to keep all the fee paying parents happy and don;t really solve the problem because they can't be tough enough!
Our daughter needs help for her demons and anger management and now she needs help to get off drugs.
She came to be two weeks ago to say she wanted to stop which was an epiphany moment - this is not as easy as he thought - she has to abandon all the friends (who are pretty awful people) and so she feels lonely - this is really tough.
She has recently been on Xanax which is so dangerous - they cannot recollect anything and it makes them very relaxed with almost total strangers so anything can happen - a bad frame of mind makes for a terrible reaction too and with alcohol it can be fatal!
It lasts for a long time - up to 16-18 hours and up to 7-8 hours of taking it they could easily stumble into a line of traffic and be unaware - absolutely dreadful stuff and cheap I am told!
I have been to see the GP but have yet to persuade my daughter to go _ I also spoke to a wonderful lady at a local youngsters drug project and desperately want my daughter to go see her
Feel quote, quite desperate - have a loving husband and father but dad and daughter fell out around four years ago and don't get on - very similar too - have to keep him at a distance at the mo as it must makes things worse
I know I am not the only one but sometimes it feels that way and would love some ideas about what on earth to do next
What a dangerous work it is at times and so beautiful all at the same time

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Dear Calypso,

I can see that this is a really worrying time for you. I am glad that your child is willing to get some help with the difficulties with the drugs. This is one good thing. I am glad that she might be expressing some of the pain and anger that has built up inside as a result of her experiences at school, that is better than holding it all in, I think.
There is nothing like bullying and rejection for lowering the self esteem. But she is just becoming an adult, so there is time to heal and rebuild and strengthen the person within.
She knows that you love her and that when the going gets tough, you are right there beside her.

That's a good starting point.

Then there is keeping safe while on the medication. Talking the side effects over with the prescribing GP might be good. I know it is said many times, but finding the right anti -depressant/ mental health meds can take some time. I know this. Unfortunately it can seem like trial and error.

It takes time to recover from the pain of bullying and rejection, teenagers are really vulnerable as you know.
A good talking terapy can help your child let off steam and come to terms with the past and then face the future with hope. Art as a therapy or Art therapy might be a good idea.
The thing is to brain storm with your child and find things that she might enjoy that will help bring healing and raise her self esteem.

But it is not just about her, it is about healing and recovery for you as well.

B

Return to “Mutual Support Group”