Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
martin1980

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby martin1980 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:18 pm

yah progabalin gabapentaline amatriptaline they all the same designed for epalepsy but workes on nerve pain by slowing down the signals but they dont work i would like to thank you MartynH for talking to me yesterday you have got no idear how much you helped by simply talking to me THANK you

MartynH

Postby MartynH » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:36 pm

martin1980 wrote:yah progabalin gabapentaline amatriptaline they all the same designed for epalepsy but workes on nerve pain by slowing down the signals but they dont work i would like to thank you MartynH for talking to me yesterday you have got no idear how much you helped by simply talking to me THANK you

not a problem , as i said last night if i'm feeling up to being on line i'm up to talk to people.

you are just really lucky with the suggestions i've been able to make that you have a physical health issue which is an area i've worked in and therefore know a bit about.

Dredmelkor

Postby Dredmelkor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:33 am

Is there any private message things on this site? I really need someone to talk to right now.

acorn

Postby acorn » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Unfortunately not, it got discontinued because a few people were abusing it. A lot of people left over anger caused by the ending of private messaging but the mod team ignored peoples views.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"

darkhell

Postby darkhell » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:26 pm

i have been ill since i was 12years old . I only started getting a little bit of help when i had my baby girl last year am 22years old now ,i have b.p.d but also think i have much more .this year i have gone through 3 cpns and counting . i had a break down yesterday i ask for someone to come out and see me and i wanted to hurt my self but the best they could do was fit me in on Friday. I been waiting for 4months for them to change my meds as am due with my second child .they keep saying we have sent a letter out to me have i seen this letter no .am scared if they don't act soon my mental health is goanna take over me to the point I cant get out of it .my family seem to me in there own little world and can see am falling do they care nope . i think anyone with mental health will feel alone at all times as only you know what go's on in that hell we call are minds

GrannyV

Postby GrannyV » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:10 am

Hi - I am sorry that you have not received any replies as you are obviously trying to reach out at a very tough time.

It is hard enough coping with mental health issues when you have no other responsibilities and so much harder when you have a child or children. You will be struggling to be as best you can in preparation for your second child. It seems very wrong to me that you have not been able to get the support you need, when you need it rather than having to wait until it is convenient. What if in the meantime you do self harm or something even worse. I cracks me up how mental health is taken so much with a pinch of salt as if there is nothing actually wrong with people. As if they are not ill but just attention seeking. Then they wonder why there are so many people committing suicide and say things like "they should have turned to someone for help" I for one would like to know where this amazing help is supposed to be because I have been no evidence of it during my struggles.

I am very well at the moment and am here to try and support anyone I can, whilst I can. So if you want I will try and be of some support to you. I do have some insight through my own experience and would like to help anyone I can.

Take Care
Granny V x x x

wishface

Postby wishface » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Doesn't seem to be much help to eb found on these forums

harryh123

Postby harryh123 » Mon May 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Give up all feelings of depression and have faith in the Lord live a joyous life fully relaxed thanking the Lord for the great gift of life he had conferred upon u.

2jenny

Postby 2jenny » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:08 am

On the first page, someone says it's a nice idea, but hard to believe that you are not alone, when you most certainly are alone, completely, always have been, always will be, and asking for help is an unaccustomed notion, for someone who never had anyone on their side.

The not-belonging is emphasised, when what hurts is fact, not delusion, (you really are alone, unloved, unwanted by anyone in the world, never supposed to exist at all) and when you are extremely down, but cannot fit into a mental illness box, all neatly labelled, placed onto the conveyor belt, and processed through the mental illness pathways.

On a site for American ex servicemen, I found something saying that their ptsd resonses were not, not, not, a proof of mental illness, that they should on no account permit themselves to have labels slapped on them and get slapped in mental illness boxes, nor given 'treatment' which will make a bad situation far worse.

I also noticed everywhere that pouring buckets of prescription chemicals into half the population has little evidence of benefit, but does have evidence of harm.

There is evidence that affirmations for self help and building self esteem also do more harm than good if they are unbelievable.
( for example, I'm skinny as it happens, but , suppose I was fat? Would it do good to tell myself " every day in every way I'm not fat, " ? Or, to "'challenge the hurtful thought, by remembering the evidence which proves that thought is incorrect" ? Well, .....For the person who might read that, and knows the fact is he breaks the scales at 30 stone, his hurtful thought that he is fat is also fact!! He cannot "challenge" that, can he, so the inappropriate self help advice is just making him feel excluded and hurting him even worse.)

So, what do you do? .

evanescence

Postby evanescence » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:21 pm

... :cry: so then in that case :? ... :shock: why am I?!?!? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “Mutual Support Group”