Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
ModeratingTeam
Site Admin

You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby ModeratingTeam » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:26 pm

Mutual support is about giving and receiving support through sharing your experiences and feelings of mental illness with others. It means you may not feel quite so alone, and, when life is difficult, it can be encouraging to know that just by sharing your feelings and experiences, you can be helpful to someone else.
Last edited by ModeratingTeam on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moderating Team

satsumagirl

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby satsumagirl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:40 pm

Hello everyone!

*waves* :lol:

firemonkey

Postby firemonkey » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:52 pm

-------------
Last edited by firemonkey on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

trutome

Postby trutome » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:27 am

Hi. just would like to introduce myself. id like to remain anon at this point. however i would like to say that ul be hearing alot from me as i hope to use this site as a blog page. I am not registered as a mental patient but have worked in 1 for 4 yrs! I found it scary how much in common i had with these guys..how they reacted to events and their daily routine and i strongly believe if we dont act on our problems we get into a cycle of faulty thinking.
so im working on my mine...i hope its not too late!
id love to hear any feedback on any of my posts. cya around...

pato

Postby pato » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:09 pm

Morning Trutome, it's good to talk and it's getting easier for me daily, one day I may never stop!

sweetgrass

Postby sweetgrass » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi trutome!
look forward to what you have to say.

worriedmum

Postby worriedmum » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:24 pm

I feel totally alone. My daughter has been suffering from - ?what - I really don't know. Basically I suppose it's chronic anxiety. Now she is agoraphobic. I try and try to encourage her to do things but at the moment she won't even have the telly on, saying it doesn't help her anxiety. She has fallen out with the rest of the family and so it is just me who has to go to her house (she is divorced and lives alone) twice a day, to do all the chores and then sit with her. She hardly has any conversation and the whole thing is totally depressing me. I won't take tablets because I know if she were ok, then I would feel so happy. I don't know how to handle the situation and sometimes even feel angry with her. I try not to show it but I find it hard to understand.
Any offers advice would be more than welcome.

*sparkle*

Postby *sparkle* » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Nice to think I don't have to go hrough this alone. Hope one day I actually believe that and learn to ask for help. Oh the simplicity of the idea!

HelenSparkles

Postby HelenSparkles » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:05 am

[quote="worriedmum"]I feel totally alone.

You are not alone and anyone supporting someone with a mental health issue would be concerned. As someone who has suffered excrutiating depression, I would advise you to seek your own source of support, from your own GP. It may be that you can point someone else in the right direction, or it might be that you find a support group, pills are not all that is on offer! I know how demanding and difficult I am when I am ill, and I feel profoundly guilty about it at the time, but you also need to protect yourself.

nothumannow

Postby nothumannow » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:42 pm

I AM alone with severe depression, agoraphobia complex ptsd.

My GPs have referred me 6 times over the last year to CMHT. Each time i've been refused any support/treatment (I'm not delusional or psychotic and they tell me I'm not suffering from mental illness).

I am totally utterly completely alone. No one cares - no, not really. I cannot cope any longer. I am going to end my life this weekend.

But I want it noted that my state is ENTIRELY due to the failure of public services: NHS, police, social services etc. They are all totally responsible.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”