Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Low

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
mikeossy

Low

Postby mikeossy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:02 am

I have felt very low for around a week. Work has become very stressful. Home life is already stressful and added to my Crohns Disease I'm feeling like I am loosing what little control I have.

Emotions are running high and I have no motivation.

I am working away from home at the moment so support is very low too.

I feel as though I would be counted as failure in work and they will not understand.

My parents may not see my illness as I've always been seen to be strong and upbeat. I am not.

What to do?
My family rely on my making a living, i do I feel I have to carry on, regardless.
I'm not sure what why I have no interest there is nothing inside me.

Tonight's bad, everything I feel I've hidden over the past year is overwhelming me.
I feel alone and scared like I'll quit my job instantly....walk out and return home, I'm here for 4 days!

mrbungle

Re: Low

Postby mrbungle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi mikeossy,

It sounds like you have been putting on a very strong front for a while to help support the people you love. As admirable as that is, it will be very hard to take care of anyone if you fail to take care of yourself... It can be damn scary but in most cases reaching out to your loved ones for help is the best thing to do. It may feel like you're failing them but you're not, you'll be letting them past your barricades. It takes a hell of a lot of bravery to do but could strengthen your relationships with them in the long run.

Here to listen if you need to talk some more :)

Return to “Mutual Support Group”