Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feeling suicidal

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
yshola75

Feeling suicidal

Postby yshola75 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:57 am

Hello I am starting to have those high thoughts of suicide as I really hate it when nobody cares about me or understand me at all and also I really hate it when people say things that are not very helpful like tell me to stay positive or do something to distract me when I do not find it very helpful at all as I really need someone that would understand me and not moan or be moody towards me when I talk about things that worry me or upset me like with losing my grandmother to cancer and a stroke and also when I talk about being treated like a child and feeling like I am not allowed to show my emotions and feelings when it is my body at the end of the day and I do not know what to do anymore :(

fionameg

Re: Feeling suicidal

Postby fionameg » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi ysola75,
Im sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. I can appreciate how you feel. Im currently going through a very tough time myself- the last few months I have been experiencing thoughts of suicide as well- which at times come on strongly after an event or trigger has happened. I have felt, and still do at times, like nobody understands me. It feels very isolating where all you want (or this is how I feel) is someone to listen to you - no cliches, no solutions, or patronising advice, - JUST NEEDING SOMEONE TO LISTEN and EMPATHISE. Nothing worse than not feeling understood and feeling like you cant express your emotions/feelings. Im sure there are people out there that care for you, but it sounds like they are not supporting or showing this in the best way that they could for you. And maybe they dont even know the impact that it is having on you. Have you thought about putting down how you feel in a letter and giving it to the person you want most to understand you and tell them how much you need their support? If you feel unable to do this, than try calling a supportline first. Ive done it a few times myself- I was really scared to at first- but it turned out to be a really great way of talking out my thoughts and I felt really listened to. I would sincerely recommend it! Again Im truly sorry to hear about your grandma and that you are going through all of this. Please hang in there! also checkout the website blurtitout.org. They've got some good information on there about depression - not in a clinical sense- but it made me feel like I was understood a bit more- if that makes sense. I really hope you get help and get the support you feel you need very soon! Please take care.

yshola75

Re: Feeling suicidal

Postby yshola75 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Ok thank you as I really want people to stop treating me like I am a kid when I am not anymore as I am nearly going to be 20 next month and it is driving me mad and it is affecting me as I just wish that everything was 18 or 19 as everyone becomes an adult at age 18 and not 25 or 30 as this is so stupid and ridiculous. I want everyone to agree with it for once as otherwise I will start to get angry.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”