Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Fear of dating/relationships

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness

Re: Fear of dating/relationships

Postby mihaela » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:51 am

I'm pleased it's been of help to you. :)
I save posts just by copying and pasting them onto a blank page, giving it a name and saving it. Unfortunately the forum's very disorganised and unmoderated, and it's so very difficult to find things that you want. There must be so much good advice, etc. going back for years.

Re: Fear of dating/relationships

Postby pepsi22 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:05 am

Yes be nice to have a pin post button so you can pin some posts for future reference

I used to date and had a couple of long term relationships. Was always in a relationship. Had a melt down and now , although it would be nice I just don’t feel I would cope.
I met someone and said I wanted to keep it as friends, I’m glad I did as I realise my mental health illness can rear it’s head anytime and I have to think just about me, i met someone who also struggles , thought that maybe easier, as we would understand each other perhaps, I think in fact it was more difficult. We remain friends and very occasionally go out, I think the problem for me is that I have to consider my own mental health so much and of course so does the other person, it doesn’t seem to leave much time to support each other...difficult , and in my opinion mental illness can be such a selfish one...
I love to help and support but so difficult at times when your struggling yourself

Return to “Mutual Support Group”