Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Not allowed to drive

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Cyprus

Not allowed to drive

Postby Cyprus » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:04 pm

So been told I can’t drive due to taking diazepam so fed up seen gp today so angry as why do they make out like we don’t help ourselves trying to get help but only way is if I pay x doesn’t seems fair to me even said already seen physcharist she was only interested in getting me back on meds and discharged me how is this all my fault cyprus

christabel

Re: Not allowed to drive

Postby christabel » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Not your fault Cyprus at all. Dont blame yourself.

You have done well to come through. Try not to forget that.

Take care. X Chris

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi Cyprus

I presumr the dvlc have done this. Did you notify them. If so I would advise you to tell them nothing in future. I remember this happening to someone else
I understand your annoyance. It is their inept way of handling things. You're doing great.
Take care
Deb x

Cyprus

Postby Cyprus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Thankyou Chris and debs
Just so frustrating no debs advice from dr hopefully just temp and because of what’s happened to my family I can understand the logic my anxiety which is just through the roof ever experienced like this before so let’s see how I do on public transport hmmm looks like I will be walking everywhere x

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Public transport is character building (just joking). I'm really used to buses but I know that for those who don't use public transport it can be quite unpleasant at first.

That's good the DVLC aren't involved. As I said, tell them nothing. Getting them to renew your license would be difficult.

Take care
Deb x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”