Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Why is it so hard to learn?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
greyhaze

Why is it so hard to learn?

Postby greyhaze » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi all. This is my first post. A very quick background on myself is that I have suffered from anxiety and depression since the mid 1990s. It comes and goes, and lately since Christmas I have been at an all time low.

I mainly suffer from anticipatory anxiety. Nearly all work related around meetings and being aaway from home, but recently flying has been a major difficulty.

I always suffer from crippling anxiety when I have an event looming. But I have gone through 100s of meetings (and been fine) satyed away from home scores of times and flown many times. Regardless of the positive success why does my brain still see these as "dangerous"?
Currently on 45mg of Mirtazapine but have previously been on Prozac, Citalopram, Amatryptaline and Lithium, so far nothing really has helped.

rsxo

Re: Why is it so hard to learn?

Postby rsxo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi greyhaze,

Perhaps it is worth dissecting the concept of flying or going abroad, and seeing which aspects you are afraid of. Is it the concept of leaving the safety of home? Is it the change in cuisine? Is it the idea of meeting new people? Dig deep to find out what it is that is troubling youx

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi thete

Anxiety is a beast, but there are things you can do to alleviate it.

If you have an hour to listen to these audio recordings by Dr Claire Weekes, from the 1960s believe it or not, you may get some inspiration

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-ex ... relax.html

Isap

beach

Postby beach » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Have you heard of Allen Carr's Easyway to Enjoy Flying?

https://wordery.com/jackets/7a3c35f1/m/ ... 194383.jpg

I think there may be an audio version of it at Audible also.

beach

Return to “Mutual Support Group”