Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

rage!!!

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
sirhugo

rage!!!

Postby sirhugo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:58 pm

so a strange thing happened to me this morning

i woke up feeling really down and the thought of going to work was unbearable. i managed to drag myself there and log in. after a couple of calls i felt lower than whale shit and had no fight left in me at all. i really thought i was going to have to throw in the towel and go home sick

then i got another call and the guy was an arse. afterwards i threw my headseat down and was considering jumping from the window. suddenly i thought to myself "if i jumped through this window right now, no one would care. none of them would even notice"

suddenly instead of being miserable, i was raging. i was really really angry at my colleagues, myself, the world, pretty much everything. but after i calmed down, the worst of the misery was gone

misery is a really strong emotion. maybe the way to fight it is to replace it with another emotion just as strong

teamn

Re: rage!!!

Postby teamn » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:16 am

what a intense day, how you feeling now?

I think I want to applaud your comment, about replacing one strong emotion with another. ive often found that rage especially, or joy on the other end of he scale, has Immediate effect on my depression and depressive mood. I have also observed that over the last year, where io have had so many things t be abgry about, but have chosen not to let it out, it has increased depression, I then began to really observe in myself an others that another cause of depression is rage turned inwards.

But when your rage is positioned in the correct place, or should I say directed outwards, it often does not increase my low mood, but like yourself felt today, it alleviates it even just momentarily.

I think my feelings over the past 6 weeks, and my battles with tablets and thoughts, have been impacted and triggered by a lot of rage turned inwards.

oh and I'm definitely sure your work colleagues would have noticed, also are you due any time of work, sounds like you need o take a few days out, recharge and return

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:36 am

sorry for the late reply. had a serious case of stay-in-bed last night

right now im my familiar flat, empty zombie way right now. not great but better than i was that day.

now im no mental health expert, but it seems to me that a lot of depression may be traced back to a lot of pent of anger and resentment. maybe finding a healthy way to realease that anger will be beneficial to our mental health.

one thing i used to do was scream into a pillow. it gets out a lot of rage. maybe i should start that again. might even help you as well

trust me they wouldnt notice me if i strip naked climb on the table and danced the hoochie koo :D :lol:

considering taking time off sick for a while to rest my poor mind

teamn

Postby teamn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:27 am

hi

no need to apologise atvall, glad your feeling betetr than you were, and that the lie in helped.

also I would like to ask if I may, what is the hoochie coo, ive nveer heard of it, is it anything likr thr hokey cokey? :lol: :lol:

screaming into pillow ive never ever tried that, maybe I should need to find some way of letting some stuff out, without being arrested :roll:

yup taking time off sounds like a grand idea, do you the world of good.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 am

the definition of the hoochie koo is as below

"To live a rock and roll lifestyle, free from worry and anxiety. Being a true free-spirit"

so basically you can dance however you like :D :lol:

sounds like an amazing life. im insanely jealous of anyone who lives like this

The current plan is to hang in till Thursday when ive got my next doctors appointment. then im going to try to get a 4 week sick line. when im off I plan to try some different meds, try to find some new support groups, exercise more and eat better. might even look for a new job if I can be arsed. I also imagine there will be lots of monging in bed :D

so how are you managing today?

teamn

Postby teamn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 am

good morning

the definition sounds class, I though it was a made up word, but wow love that definition :)

yur plan sounds well thought out. that's great,
especially the new job part
(sorry for the

returns , my daughet is awake and fascinated with keyBOAR
D at present)

Support groups are in your area? ive never thought of finding support groups actually never thought they existed outside of online communities, I may check also.

definitely factoring in rest time and enjoy your lazing around time.

gponna have to submit quick without

correctons, before she deletes everything :lol: :lol:

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:32 pm

kids today eh? :D

the sort of support group id like is something similar to AA, where everyone sits in a circle and talks about there mental health. people listen to each others stories, offer advice and encouragement, that
sort of thing. think that would be really helpful

i actually did make up the hoochie koo. but i googled it and found that definition :lol: but i seemed to have stumbled on something havent i :D

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 pm

enough is enough!!!! its time for a change

After another morning at work going from zombie to misery to angry in the space of an hour today it finally clicked. I cant go on like this or I will lose my mind. something has to give

ive been thinking about this for quite some time and Ive made up my mind. ive got the doctor today after work. first thing im doing is getting a sick line for at least 4 weeks. I need away from the place. when I get back im going to get my hours reduced.

I also going to accept the fact that my meds aren't working. im going to ask about other options. im also going to get the doctor to refer me to other counselling because ive been waiting months to hear from the other one and im tired of waiting

finally im going to stop lying around feeling sorry for myself. im going to get of my arse and exercise, eat better and generally look after myself more

a new improved sir hugo is on the way

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:17 pm

:( :( :( :(

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Oh no, what happened?
how did it go at the doctors? loved your post, was so positive and now the :( emoji
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

Return to “Mutual Support Group”