Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Anxiety and Unsure

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
jt200

Anxiety and Unsure

Postby jt200 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi Im new here
I've been struggling with Anxiety and Depression since 8 years old I'm now 31.
However I ignored my anxiety and panic attacks. Now I don't get hardly any feeling anymore. I'm not too sure what I've done to myself. I basically ignored all my natural instincts for 3 to 4 years because I was sick of the Anxiety, Depression and Anger because of all this.
Now I hardly feel anything. Its as though all my anxiety and other natural feelings are in the background but I don't know what to do with them. I'm really confused because I hardly feel anything at all and if I do feel little bit I don't know what to do with my feelings.
J

deb1960

Re: Anxiety and Unsure

Postby deb1960 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi J

I can't advise you but I'm sorry you're going through this. Would it be worth asking your gp for counseling of some sort

Take care
Deb x

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi J, sorry to hear how you're doing. it sounds like you are going through a tough time. I saw you posted a few times on here.

Like Debs, I don't have any specific advice. Christmas is a tough time and lots of us are struggling too. I was wondering if you are you in touch with a doctor or health professional you trust to talk to? Or give us some more details on here - writing things down does seem to help some people.

Sending hugs
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Sounds like you have locked everything up pretty tight inside. It will probably need to come out at some point and with having the struggles for so long it is probably a good idea to do that in some kind of therapy. I wouldn't worry that you are feeling numb now, but I would seek the help out that you need.

jt200

Postby jt200 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi Thanks for the replies.....

Sorry I didn't reply sooner I'm having trouble with my internet at home......

jt200

Postby jt200 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi Debs

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try to do some psychotherapy after you sent me your reply and I may also seek out a counsellor.

Thanks
J

jt200

Postby jt200 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi Breatheinandout

Thank You for your reply

I'm going to go to the G.P next week. I've also arranged some psychotherapy for myself. It will be tough though as when I do feel a bit my Panic Attacks can kick in. The only problem I have is after this moment I don't know what to do....
I'm currently going around in circles in my head overthinking and over analysing.The problem is I don't know what to do before this step. I'm just really confused. I will post some more information.
Thanks J

jt200

Postby jt200 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi Amaya

Thanks For your Reply

I've got an appointment booked with a psychotherapist and am going to go to the G.P if my panic attacks don't kick in. I hope I can get this sorted out because I would like some kind of life back.

Thanks J

jt200

Postby jt200 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi again....
I'm not too sure but I rarely see images in my head. After I ignored my Conscious and Subconscious mind for 3-4 years I no longer get many images is this part of anxiety. I've not seen people mention this maybe someone might be able to tell me a little more on this? If I'm not clear please do say

Thanks J

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi J,
Great news that you're going to see your GP. In the meantime, are you in the UK? you could try calling Mind 0300 123 3393 or the Samaritans 116 123 for a chat to see about some tips to help you cope. I try and revisit tips from my previous sessions of therapy as it is so difficult to keep all the coping stuff going :)

There is a good post summarising lots of strategies around mental health - some of them may be relevant to you. I will dig it out and post the link on here.

I'm not sure what you mean about images - do tell me some more xxx
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

Return to “Mutual Support Group”