Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Anxiety and Torture

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
jt200

Anxiety and Torture

Postby jt200 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi Im new here
I've been struggling with Anxiety and Depression since 8 years old I'm now 31.
However I ignored my anxiety and panic attacks. Now I don't get hardly any feeling anymore. I'm not too sure what I've done to myself. I basically ignored all my natural instincts for 3 to 4 years because I was sick of the Anxiety, Depression and Anger because of all this. I don't just mean normal instincts i'm talking about torturous ways to deal with my horrendous Anxiety.
Has anyone else gone through torturing themselves to get over anxiety. If so could you give me any advice on this?
Thanks J

amaya

Re: Anxiety and Torture

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Do you mean self harm?

Mindfulness is really helpful for helping to deal with anxieties. There is a thread on the forum for that.

jt200

Postby jt200 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi Amaya

Its similar to self harm really..... Just ignored my feelings and panic attacks. I also did a lot of bad stuff to myself. In a way it was Self Harm....

I will check the Mindfulness stuff out.
When your severely suicidal and depressed and nothing works whats the best thing to do here?

Thanks For your reply
J

amaya

Postby amaya » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:02 pm

When I feel like that the only two things that ever help are talking to people and grounding exercises. Talking to people.. if there isn't anyone then 7cups is a website where you can usually have a live chat. Grounding exercises are focusing on your senses. Like trying to notice and list out loud all the different colours you see, the smells you can smell, touching things to notice how they feel, warm or cold, soft or hard... etc. It puts you back in the reality of the moment as it is, instead of the emotional torment inside you are in the world.

jt200

Postby jt200 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi Amaya

Thank You for the reply. I struggle with Grounding Exercises. I get really caught up in my OCD. But Thank you for the reply. Also I'm grateful for you mentioning the live chat website.
I find it tough to deal with anything I have to do with my senses. When my emotions come up and I acknowledge them they over power me and I can't concentrate.
Do you ever struggle with this?

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi jt200,

It's possible that you've suppressed your feelings in order to cope with the pain you are experiencing. It won't be pleasant to unlock them at first, but it will help you to feel again!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

jt200

Postby jt200 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi rxso
I hope this is the case. I've done so much self harm to myself to get away from the anxiety. This would be one of the best results....
Thanks J

Return to “Mutual Support Group”