Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tribute to Mental Health Social Workers

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
beach

Tribute to Mental Health Social Workers

Postby beach » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Just wanted to pay tribute to the Mental Health Social Workers. I have never met a bad one yet. They are a class above the psychiatrist, the nurse manager, and the community mental health nurse, in terms of having our best interests at heart. Thankyou, thank you, thank you. Beach x

christabel

Re: Tribute to Mental Health Social Workers

Postby christabel » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:19 pm

So good to hear. Glad you have been treated well ( as you should be )

Restores your faith. Really nice of you to speak out about them also.

As I have said before. Lovely people on this forum. Bless you.

X Chris

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:49 am

Hi Beach good to hear from you and good to know you are getting the help you deserve. I agree by the way, by and large they are caring people who do a tremendous job.

jazzrose343

Postby jazzrose343 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 am

Hi beach

So glad to here that you are getting good help and feeling supported.

Hope this continues for you.

Jazzx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:29 am

I've never mental health worker but they must be saints and probably get paid crap too.

glad you're getting help beachy
I wish you could send me one of those guys

Isap

teamn

Postby teamn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm

I was wondering how do you know you have a mental health social worker, I'm due an assessment son from children's social care social workers, for my mental health and I guess to see how I'm coping with my daughter as she's the youngest. Wondering if this will be mental health social worker or normal.

beach

Postby beach » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Well, you have to really push to make it happen. And then get as much as you can from it while it lasts.

You know the really really scared thing here.... I was looking through posts and saw this one, and even though it was only written a couple of days ago. I can't remember writing it. At all.

I am conversing with people perhaps 10-20 minutes a week most weeks. Sometimes I see a social worker or a con for an hour. That has been my life for the past 7 years whilst I haven't been able to work etc.

I am a familiar sight now, in the local town, talking to myself. Public soliloquies. I feel hollowed out.

I pick myself up each time. But I feel like a fly in a spiders web. I have seen and 'understood' so many frightening things when this reality has disappeared, over the years. I can't wipe these from my mind anymore.

I used to have faith, hope, belief, trust.

Sorry for the nature of this post. I can't believe I posted that on Sunday and have absolutely NO recollection of it.

beach x

teamn

Postby teamn » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi beach, that's quite disconcerting fir you i imagine, but on a plus side de must've yin can use this forum to post more things, and use it as a log to remind yourself of what happens in your day, it could be useful tool :D

beach

Postby beach » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Yeah, good point Team :), just had a bad couple of hours, bit of self pity creeping in! In bed now, early night. Should be back fighting fit tomorrow, time to get the bike out and materialise some endorphins.

beach x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”