Re: In a bad way

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Lets remember that past experiences have taught us that things improve
Well said.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks Isap

I joined Anxiety Uk recently. I get access to an app called headspace. Because Im allergic to all things technological and if my husband got it wrong id get mad, I'm going to the O2 shop to get them to do it.

Today I keep telling myself I don't know the future and whilst I feel crap today at least the buses are back on

I remember Isap that initially you didn't rate God ( I hope you don't mind me mentioning this) is it the jw chap (they're very kind) that has altered your views. I hope end to think God is eith me on my journey. I don't believe in miracles or maybe I think miracles happen slowly.

My definition of a miracle. Miracles are statistics in their infancy.

Take care
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi Debs

Yes this JW pastor has definitely got me back on track. As I may have said before, some of their ideas are crazy while others they may have got right. I could never convert though. Some bible passages console me in times of crisis. Ive dabbled with Buddhism too but only superficially.

Many prisoners turn to religion to find meaning in their life. Many believe in fate, Ive never been sure about that one. At the moment I cant help thinking it will be a miracle if I get out soon but that's MH speaking.

Best wishes

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:07 pm

I jist wanted to add that Headspace is very good, especially for guided mindfulness.

I'll take a look at Anxiety UK

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:07 am

Hi Debs

Just wanted to say that I was given a yearbook called "Our Daily Bread" by a psychiatrist here who is a 7th Day Adventist.

It gets you to read a few Old and New verses every day so that you read the whole bible in a year.

As I said , I find the Old Testament disturbing and you once said you were not a fan of David, but Psalms for me is the most readable and relevant and today's recommemdation was Psalm 61 which you might find helpful when feeling overwhelmed

"Hear, O God, my cry for help
Do pay attention to my prayer
From the ends of the earth I will cry out to you When my heart is in despair
Lead me onto a rock which is higher than I am
For you are my refuge"

It would be good if there was a Catholic version of this book

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:32 am

Thank you Isap for that lovely Psalm and the mention of the book. I'm going to look it up. I don't worry whether a book is Catholic or not though I love reading about some of the saints

Take care
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't cope well with staying indoors. Due to snow the MH drop in didn't open today. I have arranged to go for a meal in the pub at 3pm, thank God. Meanwhile my mood's gone from miserable to fear. They're just thoughts and hardly surprising given my need for routine.

I know im much luckier than many on here. I havr a friend. She has schizophrenia, depression and chronic pain from many years ago when she jumped from a window. Her schizophrenia doesn't respond to treatment and if we're out for a meal voices often tell her not to eat. She's always apologising. If ever there was an example of suffering she is. Fortunately she has a fantastic husband. All that sounds depressing but despite her tears I find her an inspiration.

This has been a rant. There are so few people to offload onto. Us veteran depressives etc use up all our air time eventually. On here I don't mind if people read or not, it's good to get it out.

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi Deb, I am just catching up on everyone's threads after a few hectic days. I just wanted to say that with all the ups and downs you have had, when I read it through all in one go, the impression I get is that whilst it is not easy for you, you are coping really well with life :)

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:10 am

Hi Debs

I agree with Amaya. You are doing a lot better than you think

Isap xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:46 am

Hi

My grandmother recently gave me a book, a daily devotional that she also reads, I've not managed to read it yet..just referring to ISAP mention of a book.

I read your post deb abs hope the services yiu need open soon in new year, so you can get your established routine going again.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”