Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

In a bad way

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: In a bad way

Postby deb1960 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi Amaya,

Not great today really. I met a friend for coffee. I decided to take a taxi home as a treat and the driver said he was actually picking his wife up. When he realised where I'd said he offered me a lift home for a fiver as he lives here too.

Deb x

amaya

Postby amaya » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 pm

That's really nice of him. It is always a better day when people are more nice than they have to be :)

Is there something that you think might have triggered your anxiety? Or is it one of those times when you are feeling worse and you don't know why?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 am

Hi Deb

I hope Tuesday is a better day than Monday for you.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:01 pm

I would say that's very true Isap about anxiety spiralling up and down. My anxiety gradually eased and Friday and Saturday were very pleasant. Today I'm not so good for no particular reason.

Yesterday I was well enough to go into Glasgow to M&S where, along with other members of Global Justice, I handed out leaflets to shoppers. To explain. UK media is considered especially anti immigrant and the Daily Mail tops it all. M&S advertise in it despite selling themselves as being ethical. Through pressure lego stopped a promotion they had with the paper. So far M&S haven't pulled out but who knows.

What is true for me is that by having beliefs that are bigger than me my mental illness is more bearable. Just wish it would go.

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:26 am

Hi Debs

Sounds like youre progressing in the right direction.

Global Justice resounds with me for obvious reasons.

M&S is a horrid hypocritical coompany. Ive heard that from graduates who quit.

Keep up the good work

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 pm

5 year old twin boys, a stinking cold and general anxiety don't go well together. I've finally gone to bed and they're still up with their Grandad. My kids were very well behaved for everyone but one of the boys is.very cheeky. I've been very firm with him and if I wasn't feeling so lousy it'd be ok. I am though, fed up of their poor manners. Having to pull them up or choose to ignore cheek is very wearing. I suppose when my kids were wee I was in my 20s with lots of energy, no illness. and a code of behavior for them to follow.

They're staying overnight and usually sleep well. Their basic natures are nice enough. I'm not like a friend who adores her grandchildren and is happiest when with them. I love them and it's important to me that their lives go well but their upbringing is too different to my ideas and I can onlyydo my best.

Anyway, that's a rant over and I. tell them I love them see the good in them and kiss them goodbye.

I hope everyone has as good a break as is possible and we all feel better when it's by.

Love to everyone, Deb x

amaya

Postby amaya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:49 pm

That sounds exhausting Deb I hope you are resting well. Thanks for sharing with us how things are going on with you :) sending you *hugs* x

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:10 am

Hi Debs

I know how you feel but youre doimg your best under the circumstances. No point in trying to pretend to be jolly when youre not
It wiill be over soon

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:29 pm

Isap, you said recently that anxiety spirals.That's what it's doing just now. I've been getting by with some days better than others. This morning fears suddenly consumed me. I'm not engaging with them but can feel them pushing to get to the front of my mind. The thing is it comes for no reason. A rubbish Christmas day turned to a rubbish boxing day but with the relief that it would soon be by. And then big fear.

A struggle it most certainly is!

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Debs

It really sucks a rats ass

Im really struggling with anxiety again so that makes at least two of us here, probably closer to 20. Worldwide its hundreds of thousands

Lets remember that past experiences have taught us that things improve

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”