I am sorry you are having a rough time
Have you throught about going back to dr early for some support
I understand how you are feeling and here if you need someone to talk too
Please take care cyprus

deb1960

Re: In a bad way

Postby deb1960 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi Cyprus

I go three weeks tomorrow. He's increased my meds so I have to wait and see. Having said that if things become really bad I think I can go earlier.

It's strange because I don't think I am actually depressed but the fear is horrible and affects my mood and so you start thinking that your depression is coming back when it's really linked to the distress. This evening I'm aware that my mood isn't too bad but tomorrow I'll be back where I was.

A general question
A worker at our mental health association told me that my anxiety wouldn't cause depression but other people have said the anxiety could trigger it. I wander if anyone has any idea about this

Deb x

amaya

Postby amaya » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 pm

I think that it is natural to be afraid that the dark times of the past will repeat themselves. But that doesn't mean that it definitely get that bad again. You don't know what will happen, you might have a quicker recovery this time and I do hope that for you :)

You apologised for being negative.. but here is a good place to post how you are really feeling. It doesn't matter if it is positive, negative or neutral.. it is all okay to feel if that is how you are feeling. I think maybe because of the fear of the past repeating itself you are afraid to feel you sadnesses in case the emotional states bring you into danger. And I have the same fears myself on a regular basis. But the truth is, if we are sad, it is okay to be sad. If we are afraid, it is okay to feel anxious. It isn't nice, but it is allowed. It isn't you being negative, it is just the way you feel. You also bring a lot of positivity here and share so much encouragement with others. We are all a mix of positive and negative and it is all okay because when you look at it all together there is a balance. I enjoy reading your posts whatever they are about because I find your honesty really nice.

I personally think that there is a relationship between the three illnesses: Stress, Anxiety and Depression. But exactly how these things interact with each other can be very different from person to person and depending also on exactly what someone's diagnosis is. Anxiety can be very exhausting to live with and I know that when I get over tired I often have more symptoms of depression.. so that is just one example of how they can be related for me. But everyone is different. I would look at what your instinct is telling you and trust it.. but then maybe also try to talk to the doctor about it when you see them next. Maybe write down anything significant.. I know I would forget things if I had to wait three weeks to say them. And don't be afraid to make an earlier appointment if you feel you need to talk to them sooner.

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 am

Hi Debs

My second attempt at same post useless phone. You never need apologize for a post.

Claire Weeks said "Memory is an old fox .... let memory slip back as far as it wants"

This is at the root of most of our problems. We think that, because something awful happened before, it will happen again. It doesn't have to be this way. Its our mind tricking us again.

Matthew says "Don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will care for itself. Today has enough problems of its own" It goes back to trying to stay focused on the present.

Never forget that you are loved and appreciated by your family, friends and the good people on this forum. Its so easy to forget that.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi Amaya,

Thanks for your post. Yes I think anxiety, depression and stress are closely related. Like a nasty little group sitting in the corner of your sitting room.

I'm trying to be patient with my health. I need to give the meds increase a chance. By nature I have knee jerk reactions to situations. I'm trying to be more logical.

Deb x

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi Isap

I like that, .... Memory is an old Fox...

Certainly my memory plays amazing tricks. I'm challenging my thoughts all the time - what a battle in my head.

I think this forum is so helpful for all of us, there's a feeling of great care for each other.

Debs xx

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:43 pm

I'm with you guys. They are all interconnected.

I really appreciate this forum. We need to know we can post whatever we like (within the forum rules haha), whether positive, negative or rambling randomness.

I think discovering this forum is helping keep me together at the moment actually so a big thank you - just feeling less alone and isolated. But just so sad about how we have to feel sometimes. And how difficult it can be to live one day at a time and stay hopeful.

I also worry about what i post - I don't want to say the 'wrong' thing.

Feeling grateful. And thinking of you all tonight. Sending you sweet dreams.
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi Deb how have you been today?

We are all here for you. ( maybe not always in words but definitely in thoughts)

You ave always been a big support and help and much appreciated on here.

Take care and keep strong. X Chris

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Chris,

Thursday and Friday have been a bit better. Today I feel very wobbly. It's morning and the day is up for grabs. Thanks for asking.

How are you?

Deb x

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi deb1960,

Hmm, that's very interesting. What keeps waking you up, and what goes through your mind when you think you might fall asleep in that moment?x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Mutual Support Group”