Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:28 am

Hi Debs and Amaya

Excellent posts from both of you. Yes I am fluent in Japanese and can read it but there's so much I don't know, its the most difficult language in the world overall. Chinese is more difficult to speak because of the tones, I learnt Mandarin too so that I could compare.

I went through a phase here of learning new Japanese words every day but my memory is really bad in this environment, also the crap meds I am on, also having turned 60. Before my arrest I was learning to write Thai.

I really miss my Japanese wife and Japan. Very good, honest people which is why they are so easy to scam. I consider myself more Japanese than British now.

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Will you go back there when you are released? And do you have any contact with your wife?

I always thought Japanese was easier than Chinese, but I never advanced very far and that was years ago that I learnt a bit.

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi Amaya

Yep spoken Japanese is easier. No pronunciation difficulties. Grammar is a nightmare though. Chinese grammar and word order very straightforward. Cantonese is more difficult than Mandarin. I'm sure you'll find people who disagree with me though

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:18 pm

You are an excellent linguist. I love French. In 2013 I was attending Alliance Francaise (they are excellent teachers). Unfortunately I became Ill again in 2014 and haven't been well enough since, not if I want to do it properly. I have various French radio stations on my phone but do not listen enough.

If I was totally free of mental illness I would continue with Alliance Francaise and spend time in France working. However I'm resigned to the fact that I won't ever do this. When I first stopped A F I'd cry regularly at having lost my dream. I am sure that I would have got to a good standard by continuing my study. Anyway, who knows, I might get well enough to get back.

Debs xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Never give up on your dreams Deb. They are reasons for recovery.

teamn

Postby teamn » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 am

hi Isap,

hope your ok, although ive not messaged your in m thoughts and prayers, wasn't in frame of mind to be able to comment on your post about political mess of UK, but do agree with a lot of what was written. Apologies for lack of contact, stay strong anf keep doing your meditation and prayers and reading

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:00 am

Hi Natalie

Thanks for your message. You don't need to feel obliged to reply.

Am waiting to be taken to court. Am not as anxious as usual because know already it will be a non event

Isap CX

amaya

Postby amaya » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 pm

How did it go?

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:03 am

Hi A may a

Thanks for asking.

As expected, nothing really happened. Judge confirmed my lawyer had filed for dismissal of my case and prosecution were given 15 days to object.

Now a horrible wait
I don't know when judge will reach a decision, especially with holiday season coming up

Isap xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:28 pm

hi

I definitely don't feel obliged to answer, I enjoy answering, complete difference, and think its nice or you to have something else t read while your confined, but I get what you mean.

glad the court hearing is out the way, one ess thing to think about throughout the process and finger rossed judge reaches some decision soon (albeit holiday season).

sorry quite consumed mentally with my things also (brain not working as good as usual lol), so not going to have much space to think as well as usually and pffer words of support, but I'm allways reading and thinking..

Return to “Mutual Support Group”