SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Natalie

Good evening here.

Thanks as always for your kind words the support I am getting here is fantastic.

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Thanks for explaining. That sucks about the consul.

Great that you had the exercise though. It is so important for good mental health. Is there anything, besides yoga, that you can do for the days when you can't get out to get some of the same benefits.. or is that not really possible?

What is the time different between you and the UK then? In Holland I am one hour ahead.

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:52 am

Hi Amaya

Ironically, the consul showed up today. She's a lovely compassionate and helpful lady. She didn't speak to the new warden but did get confirmation I'm allowed to exercise in one part of the jail (5 times weekly max) but not the other part and we got copies of the doctor's letter. This new warden was a nasty piece of work in his previous job apparently.

I'm 8 hours different from UK as in Hong Kong.

Yep finding ways to pass the day is hard when you have no motivation, I need to try and get back into audio books. I've got a temporary good data plan so will be able to access self help stuff on You Tube

Isap xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:37 am

Absolutely brilliant that the consul showed up, and clarified your exercise. Does her visit mean that you will definitely get to excercise now, will the warden follow instructions? Is he bound by his word after this visit, only asking as you have described the difference in legal system out there, so don't want to assume. But prayers and positive thinking obviously working fir you, as everyone praying fir the consul to come :D .

What data plan do you have, I dint under my plans all, I know is that when I purchase 500mb it last like 10 mins if I listen to anything on you tube

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:02 am

Hi Natalie

I got 1GB valid one week. You are probably right about You Tube gobbling it all up. There's nothing in particular I need to use it for.

All your prayers certainly seem to have helped. Things are looking up for the first time in over 3 years but can't take anything for granted in this cruel corrupt country.

By law I'm not supposed to have the cell locked up all day, nobody else apart from punishment cells are, but I think my psychopath cellmate's behaviour in the past has something to do with that. He is down with flu right now and making a big fuss over it. The clinic refused to give him ibuprofen which indicates what they think of him. But Id still rather be with him than in the big cell of 160 where most foreigners are.

By law I'm allowed out to exercise every day but this warden is deliberately flouting my rights. It appears he really dislikes foreigners, not uncommon in this country although they usually conceal their contempt. Same in other Asian countries. People are surprised when they hear that white Europeans can suffer racial discrimination in other parts of the world.

Hope you're adapting well to hostel life, and you know its not permanent.

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:58 pm

That is so great that the consul was there. Did she say if she would be coming back from time to time or not?

What is the main language in Hong Kong and can you speak with people there easily? Are you from the UK yourself? Sorry if you already told or don't want to :)

You are only seven hours ahead of me because I am in Holland not the UK. But then it is already midnight with you. I hope you are sleeping well.

Can you get post there? Are you allowed to keep books? I wondered if maybe your brother would send you things you wanted instead of having to use your phone if it is risky?

Is there any self help books you are particularly interested in? Maybe we can cut and paste you a chapter or two in a thread here if it won't make copyright issues for sane haha.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi Isap

I'm so glad the consul came and I really hope your horrible guard honours your exercise rights.

I've been answering one or two posts tonight and don't seem able to think of anything worthwhile to say. However my thoughts are with you.

Take care, Debs xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 am

Hi ISAP,

Glad things are looking up in 3 years, wow just writing 3 years down , shocked me, can't imagine yiu e experienced this fir 3 years, ..

I pvecheard that racism is rife in Asian countries especially fir those incarcerated, or even approached by police. Racism on a whole is not about one particular race, it's about the majority race in power that treat and victimised and racially abuse the minority race, hence why your experiencing this in the foreign country.

No not adapting at all to this life, had rough day, but it does debt get worse, having no money makes it wires as I can't get out with my dad ghetto, then I feel bad fur making her nit be able to crawl around and explore and stretch.. socialmwirjer coming tomorrow so I'll be telling her everything, including my reoccurring thought of better of not here., unable to cope. It's not so much hostel life, it's just everything, and the hostel life S just one mor thing on top of what I'm trying to manage that I'm not use to and don't like.

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:54 am

Hi Amaya Debs and Natalie

Thanks once again for your kind comments. I don't know where you find the strength when you are all struggling so much yourselves. When I'm really bad I can't even force myself online.

I'm not in Hong Kong but in a country on same the zone

I download audio books free from a pirate site and have a friend who can send me printed versions. They go to the JW and he brings them in for me.

The consul messaged me today from her other phone number. My brother told her mine. I had been sending her messages she wasn't receiving because my SIM card from another network.

The "warden" here means the boss of the jail. In other countries it means same as normal "guard"

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:10 pm

How are you doing?

Return to “Mutual Support Group”