Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:47 am

Hi Debs

just wanted to add that I can't start venlafaxine yet. there is always a two week wait from receiving a prescription, since hospital and JW fall on the same day but JW in the morning.So one week wait to give him prescription then another week to buy the stuff it's annoying but what can I do.

My attitude towards the JWs ranges from tolerance to revulsion depending on how crap I'm feeling so usually the latter. The way they control their congregations is really horrible. If a member gets kicked out, their family are forbidden to talk to them.

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:34 am

Hello Debs

I think it's typical of our conditions that we don't think people especially loved ones care enough about us.

After that long criticism of my brother in law, I got a long message from him, really genuine and contrite, expressing his feelings and apologising for letting me down. It was unlike anything he has ever written before. He had been to every pharmacist in town and not been given the time of day. He got some well meaning but cranky advice from an ambulance paramedic. No mention of his partner's pharmacist son but I suspect the guy's relationship with his mother isn't the best.

I am fortunate that my other brother in law found a decent human being pharmacist at Boots who was eager to help without being judgmental, and who came up with a good plan based on my medication history and his expertise. Why are such people so difficult to find?
If they said "Sorry, this isn't an area I know much about" then you could appreciate their honesty.

I lost my temper with the JW today, twice. He said my medications from wife in Japan were inside the clinic, but they were still at the entrance searching area. Then I gave him my prescription and said that it would be a one-off because my wife would be sending from now on, so he said "So I don't need to get this prescription then?" I hurled my reading glasses to the floor and broke them. Not clever. But everything was ok after that.

It's a rotten world we live in especially for the sick and vulnerable with the exception of being Danish or Norwegian but even those countries are changing for the worse

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:17 am

Hi Isap

I couldn't reply quickly as I was thinking about your brother in law so and couldn't give an unconsidered answer.unconsidered answer. Having said that I ought to have answered sooner than now.

Will read your other posts and answer soon.

God bless
Debs. xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:51 am

Hi Isap

I'm really glad you heard from your brother in law today. It puts him in a different light right now.

The way he told you about your mum was terrible. It doesn't fit in with any explanation of acceptable behaviour and from all you say doesn't fit in with his nature. The other two issues I think are not unusual amongst people, though unfeeling.

These thoughts arr in relation to your first text. HelI think your brother is typical. of a 'decent' person. He does what he feels is the correct thing. I find it hard now to say he lacks empathy given his latest contact. Regarding his behaviour over the last few years ie visits and help given, I think he really believes he is being very good to you (and compared to many people in families he is). I think over those times he has lacked empathy. This is so common now. I don't know if it was the case in the past.
There are endless cases of no empathy amongst almost everyone. If I've helped someone I don't know I'm told it's not my problem, let someone else deal with it.

In short I think empathy is more of a gift than a given these days.

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:06 am

Hi Isap

I was worried I might lose my post there. It's infuriating when you've written quite a lot.

You may not agree but I think that sometimes God acts in strange ways. You talked about your brother in law and his thoughtlessness and suddenly he showed a deeply caring side. Who can say?

The JWs are busy in my town. I look at them and wonder how they got trapped. They're all middle aged so at least I'm not seeing some youngster whose life will be ruined.

An afterthought
My dog has been prescribed diazepam. She's suddenly becoming very anxious at night. She's a middle sized dog and can take up to 20mg a night! It didn't touch her. Last night I gave her a phenergan (sleeping tablet) and that did the trick.

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:14 am

RRegarding 'a rotten world'. I don't know where to begin with my views. It saddens me though I'm trying to become immune.

Rotten behaviour is not just common in politicians as many people suggest. It comes right down to the workplace or classroom where bullying is rife. Personally I think bullying is one of the worst things that happens in childhood.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:37 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your messages. I'll give a reply next time I feel up to it

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi Isap

I'm thinking of you

God bless
Debs xx

caro

Postby caro » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Hello Isap

I just wanted you to know that I am reading your posts, and praying for you.
Debs does a fantastic job with her replies. I often want to post more, but find the right words tricky.
I did well on venlafaxine. I pray it helps you too

Thinking of you xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:39 am

Hello Debs and caro

Thanks so much for your kind replies. I started on venlafaxine today for the second time since 2007.

Regarding the theme of empathy, I think it is an increasingly rare trait these days. The "It's not my problem" mantra has taken over. The psychopath I used to share the cell with once told me I had too much. Indirectly it caused my present situation.

People without empathy tend to do quite well in their careers. On other MH forums I have dabbled with in the past, the lack of empathy has astounded me. People give support but in an arrogant sort of way.

Empathy is in short supply in this pit of a country. If you give money or food to a poor inmate, they will expect it all the time. You have to keep empathy to yourself.

My JW despite his lack of whatever did well for me this week by getting generic venlafaxine at the 8th pharmacy he tried. I need to be far more forgiving of people, it makes life so much easier.

God bless

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”