Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 am

My JW pastor more or less said the same thing today. Despite their extreme ideas there are points in common that resonate. I also guess that not every JW has the exact same take on things.

teamn

Postby teamn » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Hiya

Glad your JW helped today, I think because if where your at in life it’s making the JW thing seem a little out of proportion, this group in this country are all yiu see in terms if JW. but definitely they nit all the sane, as I said few months back, my ex mother abd father in law are JW and areclovejy beautiful non judgemental people , who would be dismayed by the type of commebts you’ve received from JWS. I mentioned them when you said all JW have the same vacant expression :D .

Anyway regardless it’s the fact we’re all humans with faults, but thank GOD when yiu really needed it, GOD came through and found one out of the crazy bunch that resonated with you, I’m so happy abd hope that you hold out and are getting stronger physically too.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:33 am

Sorry Isap, I wrote yesterday but evidently it didn't post.

What I wrote was a bit boring anyway.

Personal injustice, as you experience, and greater injustices probably get me down more than anything regarding man. Despite witnessing cruelty and atrocities on tv or someone relating a tale, I cannot get used to it. I can't begin to comprehend it. You, me, Natalie, others, are wired differently. I say that because of an incident I was told of when the staff verbally bullied another staff member. The shop manager leads the 'teasing' which gives cconfidence to the rest.

I was never a leader but thankfully not a follower either.

Anyway, you are in my prayers
God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:08 am

I am finding it impossible to see a psychiatrist, they say ok then do nothing. Even my lawyer hasn't responded by his time. So I've asked my Japanese doc to send me amitriptyline, an anti depressant. I can't go on like this without effective medication. Hopefully he'll agree tomorrow.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:39 am

I do hope so Isap. Given what you've been through it should automatic. Typical that they get on with seeing to the physical illness and then ignore the psychiatric.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as always
God bless
Debs xx

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:57 pm

HI Isap

Sorry to hear how things are for you. Stuck in a nightmare that just doesn't end.

I was just thinking about you because I turned back to a quote you gave me to remind me of it's truth;

"Then how can I develop a sense of self esteem" you may ask. The answer is - you don't have to! You don't have to do anything especially worthy to create or deserve self esteem; all you have to do is turn off that critical, haranguing inner voice. Why? Because that critical inner voice is wrong! Your internal self-abuse springs from illogical, distorted thinking. Your sense of worthlessness is not based on truth, it is just the abscess which lies at the core of depressive illness.

Thanks again for that quote, it really does help keep me on the right path.

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi Debs

Thanks as always for your nice comments

Hi ATTMP

I appreciate your dropping by very much. That self esteem quote is good and makes so much sense. My first major depressive episode was caused by self esteem issues then I overcompensated by going off the rails.

If I was giving advice to someone in my situation I'd have plenty of useful things to say but when I apply these things to myself they don't work. My Japanese doc has agreed to send me amitriptyline, I chose it because it has few side effects and I've had success on tricyclics in the past. Even if it only does a little to lift my mood it will help me to survive. I feel my symptoms now are all physiological caught in the vicious circle of fear and therefore detached from my real worries. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

My lawyer contacted me today about chasing up the jail clinic to get a psych visit, that helps, I asked the UK consul first who said "What's the phone number" then " When I visited you on August 4th you said the antidepressants were working fine". She wasn't listening and it was August 9th not 4th only because my trusty brother got on their case. What can you do.

I'm glad I got out a long post today

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:26 am

Hi Isap

Just to say I'm thinking of you and praying for you

God Bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:50 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for the prayers. I'm incapable of doing very much myself.

The jail clinic said they'd sent the paperwork to see a psychiatrist to the court. Let's hope they really did.

Next hearing September 12th. This has become a battle for survival.

Isap xx

maisi

Postby maisi » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:44 am

Hi Isap,

I wasn't sure how to say hi to you without understanding your very serious situation, but hello anyway, I'm sending my support. I'm hoping, reading recent posts, that you will get to see a psychiatrist, I'm sure that would be a major help. And 12th September- I hope something good happens for you.

Info about myself- I'm having acute reactions to trauma from years ago, while trying to meet my daughter's needs- she has disabilities and is the biological daughter of my abuser. I'm ok except when I'm not, which is a lot of the time, but I'm getting help and I will be ok.

Are you still practising yoga? Something that helped me get more out of it was learning that how you move in between poses is as 'sacred' as the poses themselves- it helped keep the whole activity more focussed and calming.

I'm not religious, but I've got a book called Benedict's Dharma (Patrick Henry), a collaboration between Benedictine and Buddhist monks, reflecting on the Benedictine rule. The second half of the book is a translation of the rule. I can make a thread to type it to you in stages if you want. That might sound like not especially good use of your phone battery- absolutely no problem, just trying to think of something.

Good luck with your many battles,

Maisi

Return to “Mutual Support Group”