Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
teamn

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby teamn » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:54 am

Wow Dengue fever :shock:

Broken took, smashed head, oh my goodness, not sure I can offer advice on that I have no clue what it is, but no it’s bad, abd you said they’re no cure, so do you mean it has to pass through your body as meds won’t cure it.

You said you wanted advice but can’t find a post that I can advice on, I guess as you’ve been Ill the comments from yourself have been short. Glad the doctors been to see yiu, errrm if I could offer any advice it’s tomdig down into yourself and find that warrior strength that you’ve always shown, and that sane strength day by day will help fight the illness.

Sorry I can’t share more, off to google what dengue fever is

Isap wrote:Thanks Debs and So Sad

I've never been sicker. Dengue fever. There's no cure. I blacked out Sunday and banged my head on toilet bowl, broke teeth and covered in blood so they took me to hospital. 10 hours sitting in a wheelchair because not enough beds but at least they discovered the cause of the illness. Apparently I'm over the worst but can't function. Thanks for prayers

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 am

Hi Natalie

I'm over most of the symptoms of dengue fever. The problem now is the anxiety and depression it triggers. As you say, dig deep into that warrior strength. That's good advice

Isap xx

emloja

Postby emloja » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:18 am

I read your post the other day and thought- who am i to advise?- how can i advise?- i feel like you are the strong one and i normally read your posts for inspiration. I am however going to try- i hope none of this comes across as patronising and maybe some of it (or at least the sentiment helps!). All i would say is go back to basics- sometimes when i get caught up in everything i forget the basics mainly in that; i am not my thoughts and that i don't need to believe or get caught up in them. I sometimes find grounding myself in my body helps with this, either by paying attention to the parts of my body touching the seat/bed/floor/each other and just feeling myself there (even if there is pain) and then physically feeling myself in each part of your body. I would also say; acceptance- this is an awful situation to be in but do not waste energy on any negative emotions towards it- focus on what you do have control overand. Maybe reflect on that inner voice and how you are currently speaking to yourself- are you being kind to yourself? You really need to put the strength you have into being kind to yourself and using your inner voice to recognise but not fuel the negative thoughts, but to really talk to yourself in a kind and reassuring way. Take care

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:34 am

Hi Isap

I'm so sorry things are so tough just now.

As you know illness has pulled you right down. The physical illness is by now and left you with the next symptom which is much worse. It will pass. That's easy for me to say but it will. The mind and body work together and although our spirit can rise above this it's very unusual. We read in the bible of characters who suffered and then entrusted it all to God and suddenly within their suffering was God made visible. I believe these people suffered like you and it's in hindsight that they God working slowly within them. The Bible was written by men. I think God's version would be a little different.

I am reading a well written biography of St Francis of Assissi. Like most saints worth their salt he suffered a lot. Many years ago I believed that suffering took up a couple of pages of a biography and then it was done. I know you don't think that way and heaven knows you know your stuff on this subject.

I'm posting this then carrying on

Debs xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:46 am

Well done for understanding my goobledegook unchecked spelling...-‘dig deep indeed’

Isap wrote:Hi Natalie

I'm over most of the symptoms of dengue fever. The problem now is the anxiety and depression it triggers. As you say, dig deep into that warrior strength. That's good advice

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:49 am

I worried that I might lose the post

Religion, I think. simplifies the complexity of us humans. We're told to put our faith in God. Sometimes we have to try to do that even though we know we can't. When you can't believe let others believe for you. I used to think that once yyou'd.' got' God that was it but now I think it's far more precarious than that. The staunch faith the JWs show comes from brain washing. Your faith comes from something that is part of you and your personal relationship with God.

All this is so easy for me to say. It's you that is going through this trial. But if you lose God that's allowed. He hasn't lost you and when this darkest of times goes he will be there for you and say 'you poor soul, how you have suffered'.

I am speaking from my beliefs. If I were in your position I would probably lose everyone of these thoughts. Remember, depression steals our thoughts and make them theirs

Thoughts and prayers
God Bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 am

Hi Debs

That's a very good post. I needed someone to tell me that nasty phase will pass.

Isap xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Such spot on advice Debs, including the part about us leaving God but him not leaving us.

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:21 am

Hi Debs

I agree with Natalie on your last post. It is excellent and something I must not lose sight of.vThanks so much for those wise words

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 am

Thank you Isap and Natalie for your apappreciation of my post.

My Godfather, Pat, who succered horrendously with depression and miraculously came out of it, told me on many occasions that the only good thing that.comes from it is that we can be there for other sufferers. And that is what you do Isap. It's our turn now. No doubt it will be your turn again in the future.

God Bless
Debs xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”