Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:14 am

Hi Isap

It makes me realise that whilst there's a great deal about Britain I don't like we do have a justice system that tends to work, although there are times when they get it horribly wrong.And I did vote for independence for Scotland (I cried when the results came out).

You're in my thoughts and prayers
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi Amaya

I can't answer your question because my lawyer is uncontactable. She has a death threat and 2 police protecting her night and day.

Hi Debs

In Britain my case would not have gone to court through lack of evidence. Here is a country where you can get anybody arrested by making an allegation against them.

I was hoping for Scottish independence. One reason is that I was at uni with a high profile politician who recently lost his seat. It served him right for cutting off contact with all his friends from uni (there were about 5 of us). Better not say more

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 pm

Re independence, Britain is becoming worse in so many ways. I don't know if Scotland would have been financially better off but the thought of being free from Westminster was a big thing for me. Also if I wanted to protest I would only have a short journey to Edinburgh. London is somewhat further.

My mindfulness course is going pretty well. I find my morning meditation helpful. On a couple of ocassions I was feeling quite angry and afterwards my mood had softened somewhat. I am aware that the benefits of being mindful are slow in coming and I do it with the attitude that it's a good way to be rather than a stategy for getting well. Are you managing mindfulness at all just now?

Take care,
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:23 am

Hi Debs.

I rarely do formal mindfulness sessions anymore, no motivation, but on a good day can keep a blank mind and not get entangled with any thoughts. I think that's what mindfulness is all about and any activity can be made mindful. Typically I listen to my breathing with quiet music in the background. It can take away the fear of fear I.e. the horrid physical symptoms, but I'm still left with anxiety over my future which I have to try and accept as normal.

My lawyer is in hiding and totally paranoid and dumping her fears on me, she just doesn't get it, she's always complaining of her athma and other aches and pains it does me no good I'm the one who needs support, encouragement and hope. All the lawyers here are theiving swine but unfortunately she might be the best available. She and her business partner must have known the risks involved by defending a famous drug lord against prominent politicians but greed won her over. I would not she'd a tear if someone put a bullet in her but it would do me no good

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi Isap

I admire your ability to be mindful. In your situation it's crucial. Im still learning. After a good week I'm very scared today. The snow is stopping me going out though I managed to watch a film about the miners strike and the support from a gay group in London. I had managed a bit of mindfulness and my meditation which probably allowed me to concentrate. I do think it's well worth me doing but with chronic depression it's more about managing it.

Corruption is rife isn't it. I say this because my husband has been cheated re money. He found out this morning and is very upset.

Take care
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:21 am

How are you today Isap?

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:42 am

Hi Debs

Sorry I can hardly function

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:42 am

Hi Debs

Sorry I can hardly function

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:59 am

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2018242

Very inspiring religious article applies to us all

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:04 am

Yes that article is very helpful. I write a journal to God each evening. There is a marked contrast between what I write when i feel well and when i feel crap. It helps me though. I am very honest with god. It might end in frustration but it never ends in anger.

Never feel you need reply. But I'll continue posting.

Take care
Debs xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”