Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:09 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for your kind words as always. I didn't know you could listen to odb but I read online every day plus all the recommended Bible verses. Exodus is hard going and Leviticus is even harder but gives me part of a little routine. I was given odb last year by a lady psychiatrist, very compassionate and knowledgeable, but now not allowed to see her, prisoners don't get s choice. The guy now is a waste of time. I think she might be a JW.

Keep those words of comfort and prayers going. And of course I do the same for you

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 am

Psychiatrists have moved on from contempt to respect. Very few have got to the compassionate level. I once had a very compassionate psychiatrist and once you've experienced that you know the difference.

This is a fleeting post as I have to get the bus.

Take care
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:10 am

Morning Isap

I've just listened to my headspace meditation. I'm very impressed with ithe meditation. The guy takes you gently through it and I've opted to go through the 2 nd ten day beginners. Yesterday I used my teeth to open a strong plastic bag. I fractured an inincisor tooth right up and had to have it taken out. Given the pain of mental illness I'm very philosophical about it all but it has upset me a bit. In the long run Ill get a bridge but until then I have to have a denture. I know that prior to my M I I would have been very upset by it. I suppose anxiety and depression put things into perspective.

How are you today. Do you manage to read any books or is concentration too difficult. I think it often varies depending on mental state. Well it does for me.

Sorry to moan about the tooth. Actually it's done me good as I've hardly spoken about it and joked.

Take care
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for your continued support

Sorry to hear about your tooth but I guess in the great scheme of things it means very little.

I've done nothing today, by choice, and taken 2 benzos. Hasn't made much difference. My motivation is zero so haven't done any reading, just a useless CBT pamphlet for prisoners online. I could have done a better job.

Take care

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 am

Isap you can and will have days where you manage more for yourself. I have seen how well you do most of the time and it is truely amazing. You are allowed a bad day from time to time so be kind to yourself. Lots of us wouldn't cope in your situation so whatever standard you are expecting from yourself is too high. You are already doing great, even on the days where you do nothing.

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi Amaya

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words. You are right.

I hope you are doing a bit better yourself.

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Thanks Isap. Sometimes I think I am, and other times I feel like I am still at my lowest point and I honestly don't know what the truth is.

Have you had any more news about your situation there? Sorry to ask if my question isn't a nice one to think about.

teamn

Postby teamn » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello isap

I've thought about you and said so.e prayers for you even 5hough I've not been on here for ages..keep your chin up and don't worry about the days were you d8 the manage to do much, your human some days you will just be tired and exhausted and need rest.. I'm. Using my phone so little tricky to type but wanted to let you know although you not heard from me I paying for every victory over your case and release and until then comfort and blessed people surrounding you while your there..

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 am

Hi Amaya

Thanks for support

hi Natalie

Nice to see you back and thanks for your ongoing prayers.

I'm still struggling but will never give up every day feels like torture

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi Isap

As you know, there are times in this illness when just to get through the day is courage itself. Other than praying for you I can't help but at some point things will improve. I just hope it's soon.

Deb xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”