Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:52 am

Well still feeling crap but not as crap as a week ago. I recognise I can never feel at peace in this place.

I unblocked brother from Line, sent a nice messsage and another apology, and no reply.. Im not angry, just disappointed, but as Debs intkimated, families are weird.

When nothing else works, religion is the only thing left to turn to, but I have never really turned away from it.

Isap x

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:06 pm

I'm sorry your brother hasn't replied Isap. Although it says more about him realistically it affects you more. I hope he gets in touch.

Without mental illness my relationship with God would be far more casual. Adversity can very much throw us into any corner I think. Some people become bitter, others dependent on drink etc. Well I'm glad I turn to God even if my comfort is only small.

At least the festive season is by and I hope things improve for you soon Isap.

Take care
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for your kind words.

I have essentially written my brother off. Im not angry any more. Whats happened has happened.

I just did my bible readings for today. Cant say I am inspired reading Genesis when I cant believe it but it doesnt altery relationship with God and prayers for help.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 am

Hi Isap

I can't read lots of the OT. because I don't believe in it and see it as stories told by people so as to make sense of the world. Like you it doesn't alter my thoughts on God

Take care
Debs xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 am

hi Isap

glad your no longer angry with your brother, of course for yoursake . its important to rid yourself of as much annoyance anger negative emption as you can, where you can control it, as there more tan enough to cope with within your current environment and surroundings, rather than having to deal with more from additional sources.

goodnight,

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:51 am

Hi Natalie

Thanks for your kind comments.

My two youngest twin brothers have Asbergers. Not one friend between them. I suspect my father had it. There's a good chance brrother #3 has it too which explains his lack of compassion and empathy. I would be the odd male out. All brotthers are highly intellligent at maths and IT.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:07 pm

How are things with you isap?

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:14 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for thinkiing of me. I wish I had something positive to say.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:00 am

Hi isap

Just thought I'd tell you I've been listening to our daily bread. In recent months id got rid of my thoughts, oh its alright for them theyre not going through what i am. . Something was said about memories on FB (they pop up unrequested) and about seeing what god has done for us and we can trust him. It made me think. When i see thèse pics they sometimes upset me but i can look at them differently. It feels like a tiny spark. Maybe, just Maybe i.will learn to put my trust in him.

Thanks for telling me about odb isap. Every little helps

Meanwhile i hope things improve for you.

Debs xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:07 am

goodmorning ISAP

your absence is definitely noticed, but I understand. and I hope that you manage to identify a positive, whatever it is, even if he positive is accepting or identifying a negative, that you have been able to deal with. anything that you can do that makes you feel less weight on your shoulders, if not for the day then at least for a minute.. and don't feel pressured to write it here or anything, just my wish for you.

stay calm, stay balanced stay hopeful

:)

Return to “Mutual Support Group”