Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi Isap

I can imagine that you have to live in the moment to cope and obviously your brother has been doing something that's taking you out of day by day coping. Given you're not well and Christmas is upon us it's something you don't need.

I think it is healthy to have a good rant. This forum is for helping us to cope with our difficulties. Getting things off your chest is really good for you.

Take care, Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:23 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for that. You exlained it better than I could have done.

My brother just doesnt get it but as I said before, I will forgive and apologise, holding onto rancour is counter productive and unchristian.

Thanks again and take care yourzelf

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 pm

If yiu can let go ofta disagreement it's much better but it's not always easy.

Hope today is as bearable as it can be. Normally I keep very busy but today my daughter and boys are coming. It's only 1pm and my thoughts are doing my head in. She's coming about 2. It'll be a distraction. I no longer feel guilty when I don't enjoy their company. As my daughter says, do they look as they care?

Sorry for moaning, Debs xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:24 pm

If you want to choose to forgive and apologise Isap that is your choice on how to respond to the situation you find yourself in. But don't condemn the emotions you had in the first place. They are valid because they are how you feel about something. Try not to judge yourself so harshly. Respond according to whatever system of behaviour you choose, christian or otherwise, but nobody chooses their own emotions. I hope whatever you are feeling you can at least be kind to yourself about it. My idea is that your actions are your choice, and if you act badly you can apologise for that. But thoughts, feelings, initial responses to things, they are all out of your control actually, and that is okay because it is the same for everyone no matter their belief system or situation.

I hope today is a better day for you :)

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:04 am

Hi Debs and Amaya

Thanks aggain for your excelent support.

Today at the jail is mayhem, 5000 inmates and 10000 visitors, insane noise levels, people everywhere.

I did something I never did before and took 2 extra benzos in the morning so was sedated enough to let it all flow by. It was either that or tequila.

My xmas treat was banana chips

Hope you get through the day ok

Isap xx

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:14 pm

I think of you every day Isap, and always read your posts, but often I feel unable to post on here due to my own problems. You're in a bad place but you do make the most of it, and you don't let it break you down. I don't think I'd manage to do that. At least you managed to take something to cope with the noise & chaos. The world is insane. Let's hope and pray that you'll be out soon.

My Christmas will be very quiet, and I'll pretend to be a cat for the day, to keep my own cats company and the three of us will be very happy! :) If it wasn't for a special friend who's come into my life in the wake of being defrauded twice over, it would be a very sad one. She's fun and has no 'issues' and is a great help.

With you in spirit. Much love, Mihaela xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Mihaela

Thanks for your lovely warm comments.

I think of you too. Its great you have found someone special to support you. I was worried after that crazy woman stole your money.

Nothing wrong with spending Xmas alone with your faithful cats. This excellent link was posted on another forum

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health- ... 092qn.html

Take care

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi Isap. I think this day will be drawing to a close for you. It's afternoon here. I'm lucky as my husband's cooking. I went for a lie down as i was feeling miserable and worried id start crying in front of B. Now I'm up and it's getting on a bit I feel somewhat better

I hope the day was as bearable for you as is possible.

My son got me a portable cd player as i need it for relaxation CD s. I got a J J Cale cd and wiill play that later i think. I can well imagine you having to be careful re choice of music.

I really feel for you being in prison. No matter what we think of re Christmas we're all affected by it.

Take care

Debs xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Just wanted to say Merry Xmas to everyone!

Isap I am doing it in your thread because out of all of us, you can't go to anyone so I am thinking of you and bringing you the good wishes first x

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:57 am

Thanks for thinking of me Debs and Amaya

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”