Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
amaya

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby amaya » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 pm

I am sending you a *hug* to help with the horrible wait. Thanks for the update :)

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 pm

To be in a position of waiting is always horrible. If it's over a holiday period it makes it seem much longer than it really is. I've seen me trying to work out what days will be taken as holiday and so when something will be dealt with, if that makes sense.

Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:08 pm

How has your last week been Isap? Have you managed to get out for exercise?

How often does the JW chap come?

Debs xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Good question Deb. Yeah Isap you have not posted much for a long time. Are you holding up okay?
*hug*

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:49 am

Hi Debs and A may a

Thanks so much for thinking of me. I haven't had motivation to write recently but am surviving.

The weather has been terrible recently, nonstop rain for almost three days and cold, so haven't been able to get out for exercise. Nor have many others for same reason. Something to do with La Nina weather pattern.

Shame that Chris and Natalie quit the forum but I know I'll always have the two of you for support.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm very unobservant. I didn't know that chris and nat had left. This is very typical of me. Things happen and Im unaware simply because I don't pick up on things. Speaking of which I'd be curious to know about a llifelong 'problem' of mine.

If Im told that something is in a middle drawer for instance, my interpretation is often different. Someone might say a thing is in a basket at the front of the till but my interpretation isn't the same. This has happened to me regularly over the years. When I look i csn see that my interpretation is also correct. Sometimes I've taken what has been said literally. (I tend to to do that) or sometimed it's open to more than one interpretation. Though Im the only one that perceives it that way.

This of course is not relevant but puzzles me.

I hope you don't mind me borrowing a bit of your thesd Isap

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi Debs

You're welcome to write whatever you want whenever you want.

You wouldn't have known Chris and Natalie had quit unless you read the exact thread where they said it and recently there have been a lot of threads. I have nothing to do all day so am always logging on here in fact I'm never logged off.

As for your different perceptions, that hardly sounds like a problem. Some people if not most are absolutely crap at giving clear concise directions and fail to realise there is an alternative interpretation. My cellmate is the same when he wants me to fetch him something when he's outside and I'm locked in. "The blue bag on the shelf at the end of the bed" when the bed has two ends and different shelves.

Today the warden summoned all the foreigners for a "friendly" talk. There are 19 of us, 9 of them Korean. There is an Indian with HIV who wasn't summoned. And 5000 locals.

Even though it was raining I got out for 2 hours, did a bit of walking and chatted to a few people. Being a linguist I should be fluent in their language by now but have been resistant to learning it. Know a few good and bad expressions which always produce a laugh and that's it really. I hate this country and culture so much.

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:33 pm

It is nice that you found the energy to reply :)

Glad you finally managed to get a bit of exercise. It must make a big difference to mood. I know it does with me and my situation is not nearly so hard as yours!

Deb you are always doing your best to pay attention to everyone here, I wouldn't worry about the rest. I often completely misunderstand things too. I think everyone has that about some things :)

"Today the warden summoned all the foreigners for a "friendly" talk. There are 19 of us, 9 of them Korean. There is an Indian with HIV who wasn't summoned. And 5000 locals."
What was the chat about? It sounds a bit intimidating.

If there is one thing I have learnt about learning a foreign language since moving here is that the people who like it, learn it, if you don't enjoy integrating, you also struggle to learn the language. It doesn't seem to have much to do with latent language abilities or intelligence. So I can quite imagine that you can pick up any language you want to quite easily, but as soon as you get out I don't think you will remember a word from this one and that will probably be a nice thing for you.

Keep us updated when you can :)

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 am

Hi Isap

I can well understand you not wanting to learn their language. If you hate a place with a passion you want to keep.yourself 'pure' from their contamination. That sounds over the top.

When I was 11 my mum and dad moved from Newton Abbot in Devon to a town in Lincolnshire. I hated everything at school. The school in Devon was much more gentle and the children slow to mature. Suddenly I was amongst worldly wise kids and unpleasant teachers. I was obsessed about not leaving anything of mine in the school. I remember my skin was peeling cos of sunburn and id pulled some off. I made sure I put it in my pocket cos it was mine and didn't.want it left there. A silly memory but I can still remember how much I hated that school.

In your situation Im sure I wouldn't want to hear the country ever mentioned again. And not wanting to learn the language makes total sense.
I
Take care. Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:05 am

Hi Amaya and Debs

Many thanks again for your replies. The talk the warden gave was to pretend he wasn't prejudiced against foreigners. Since he arrived, the price of illegal drugs has gone down 350%.

Lawyer said prosecution can take longer than the 15 day period they are allowed by law to object to dismissal of case so barring a miracle I will be here over the festive period. At least I won't be the only one without any visitors.

Weather has been terrible, typhoon expected on the 21st then followed by another. There has also been a water outage despite all this rain so haven't washed for 2 days.
There is no running water in the cells anyway, you have to pay trustees (special prisoners) to bring to you in 20 litre containers.

And to cap it all, my headphones I use to listen to music finally broke today so now I lie on my side with phone, also on its last legs, balancing in my ear.

The good news is that a prisoner we nicknamed "The Helper" has promised a new phone with headphones next week. He doesn't deal with other foreigners, this is where my honesty has paid off. Cultivating good relations with everyone is so important here because you never know when you might need their help.

I hate this country.

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”