Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 am

Caro, Debs

If you read my previous two posts, am I being too drastic, or sensible? Any comments would be appreciated

Chris xx

caro

Postby caro » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi Chris

I saw your posts yesterday, but didn't feel I should comment.

Now you have asked, i think I can say that i am very worried for you.
Reducing all your meds, especially when so vulnerable, is a very serious thing to do.
I understand completely why you feel scared of running out, but the chances are this will not happen.

Venlafaxine needs a very very slow taper. Please don't google it, just trust me on that.

Try and stay positive. You have a few avenues for getting your meds. I think your wife will get them to you, as usual, just later than expected.

Caro xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi Chris

Reading Caro's reply I feel wary of saying more. She is far more knowledgeable about drugs than me. Having said that I can relate to your attitude. The worry is intense and having experienced that I know I would probably take extreme measures.

So I would say listen to Caro but if coming off the meds is crucial then try reducing slowly.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello Debs, Caro

I know I am looking at worst case scenarios here. I think we're all familiar with that way of thinking.

I haven't been on venlafaxine very long so weening off if I have to do that may be ok. I started weaning off the benzo today. One quarter tablet every 10 days.

The JW all credit to him went to 10 pharmacies yesterday and nowhere had venlafaxine.

I found the address and phone number of local distributor who should know where it's available.

One of the many problems with this country is that ruled suddenly change, and some official could have decided to ban medication from abroad. There's no way of knowing.

God bless

Chris xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi Chris

So I've looked up paroxetine and venlafaxine

I came off the highest dose of par... after long term use over a period of 2 weeks. (Highest dose only for 6 week)

I had flu like symptoms. Manageable.

Caro is probably right about risk. But I do think most people get on ok. If you're suffering extreme worry then I would say the side effects wouldn't be as bad.

But that's only my view. I don't do worry well.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:26 am

Hello Debs

I tend to agree with what you said

I'm down to 75mg now. I'll do that for 2 weeks then a week on 37.5. Hopefully my wife's packages will have arrived by then.

As far as I can see, being on nothing is better than being on something that isn't working.

I rang some pharmacies today. Incredibly, none stock any SNRI.

God bless

Chris

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:56 am

Hi Chris

Yes, that sort of worry can be megawatt scary

An example of mine
A few years ago I had a symptom that needed checking. Dr referred me to consultant and assured me it would be ok but obliged to check it. I believed him.but went into a state of awful fear. So much so that 7 days later I had test dome privately. Since then I have not had a
smeat test, a mammogram or a bowel screening. I'm so scared of becoming mentally ill. Better to have cancer than that.

People might think I'm over reacting but I know what's right for me.

On 600 mg of preg... Now. Very tired and a bit dizzy. Hopefully it will ease as struggling to type this for instance

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your prompt reply, especially as you're feeling unwell.

My brother has contacted the embassy urgently but I can't see how they can help. If they could find out why package delayed that might set mind at rest. The JW would just mail "not here yet". I asked him to get an explanation.

Assuming I come off venlafaxine and clonazepam completely, it doesn't necessarily mean I will suffer too much as you said.

Anyway, let's see what happens

God bless

Chris xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:21 am

Hello Debs, Caro

Just to let you know that I checked the status of my wife's packages online this morning and it said the first package had arrived (for collection at the main post office)! I know I will still be worrying until I have the stuff in hand but the worry won't be as mega as the past few days.

I feel almost guilty now for all the bad things I have said about JW1 and ,JW2. They have both really been trying hard for me. JW2 displayed an empathy yesterday I had never seen with him before.

I took 3 Tramadol this morning. If ever I deserved them it is today.

Hope both of you are as ok as can be expected under such stressful circumstances.

God bless

Chris xx

caro

Postby caro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi Chris

Such good news about the package. I feel intense relief for you.
Relax and recharge with the tramadol today.

You are in my prayers xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”