Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:14 pm

I think that because you work on your health you will always progress though not necessarily how you expect. I think motivation to improve has a big impact on our health. The desire to get well is why we all come on here.

Deb x

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:09 am

Thanks Deb

I look in on your thread from time to time. Sorry I don't have much energy spare to respond there but I am glad you are getting out again and it is always good to hear from you. Despite your own issues you always seem to have time for everyone. I always get a sense of warmth and caring in your responses to others which cheers me up and I am sure helps them too.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks andthistoo

We all answer or don't depending on where we are. I like to see what you're doing as you have so many ideas and I feel I can always learn something.

Deb x

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:28 am

Thanks Deb.

Diary

Been thinking about the tremendous gains since therapy. Most intrusive feelingsl now could be better described as discomfort rather than distress. Still persistent and my ground state but as posted previously I hope that a combination of ACT and medication will help me move forwards.

For now, sleep is a real problem. I know how to go to sleep but I am choosing not to. Leaves me exhausted all the time and falling asleep unexpectedly. Due to this I have created a significant backlog at work which is a real problem for me. Was going to use today to catch up but was still too exhausted and fell asleep :)

Awake now and an allnighter planned. Not good for me but essential to maintain my position at work. Wish me luck.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:09 am

Got loads done in the past couple of hours. Break was nice but time to stop congratulating myself and get the job finished!

Now gone 4am. Seriously flagging. Time to break out the red bull. Must finish this job.

Got to 7am and realised I was going round in circles. Caved in to a fatty breakfast and now heading for a nap. Done enough. Can polish Monday.

teamn

Postby teamn » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:20 am

well done on the allnighter, seem like you got loads done, I'm envious that I'm not working when I read on others who are working or have a. social life, but I know its tough, but at least you've done it,

I can wait to be back at work

have great day and hope you enjoyed your sleep

littleem

Postby littleem » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello my friend!

Really sorry I haven't been posting on this but I have been catching up on how you're doing and you know I'm always rooting for you!

Really pleased for you at how much progress you've made in therapy. I'm certain the ACT and medication will only be a good thing to help you move even further forward.

Well done for catching up on all that work! You are so motivated, hard working and ambitious. Really pleased for and proud of you, as always!

Hope you had a glorious nap after breakkie which was so good that you didn't wake until tea time! You know how much a lack of balance affects and disrupts my mental and physical health so do keep trying to persevere with getting enough rest, knowing when to stop the work and with rewarding yourself. Another wacky Western theatre show perhaps? Or a laughter yoga session?

Do you know what it is exactly that makes you not want to sleep?

Hope you had a restful Sunday and that you have a great new week!

Em xxx

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi. Natalie

Work is good for me but also very triggery and stressful. Exposure to stressors is important but that alone doesn't make things better for me. When I am working I wish I didn't have too, when out of work I wish I was working. The grass is always greener...

Hi Em!

Don't worry about responses. I know you are in my corner if you type it here or not. I did have a good nap but not for too long as wanted to sleep Sun night. Got a bit done yesterday too but tiredness is the no. 1 enemy at the mo. my mind just drifts and trying to do anything worthwhile is like swimming through treacle bit at least I know that if I can sort the tiredness out everything else will improve too.

littleem

Postby littleem » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Hey!

Thanks! Glad to hear you got a good nap. Yeah, it's a positive that you know the issue that needs fixing. I hope you get a restful night tonight and that work has gone well this week.

Take care xxx

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:42 am

Thanks Em!

I had a good night tonight but my impulse control is a problem as usual, drunk far too much and now the depressive side effects have teamed up with the exhaustion to send me deep down the misery pit. It will pass but it is rotten for now. Fixated on a friendly comment which reminded me how alone I am, how scared I am of risking any real connection. :(

Still be better in the morning.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”