Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
andthistoomustpass

Re: Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks

That is really good advice. The problem is that I am self sabotaging and deliberately avoiding the priority stuff. Is that crazy? Yep! :lol:

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:55 am

Still awake but I have just had a thought which may be a solution to a number of issues. It sounds a bit simplistic but I'm really hopeful. I'm going to give it a go. If it works then I'll share.

Wish me luck!

teamn

Postby teamn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 am

Hi,

Hope you feeling ok this mornings with no build up of anxiety,and able to have a calm position very day at work, or home if your at Hme today.

I relate in terms and of creating mountains out molehills,I think it that depression zaps motivation and the ability to focus on all the things you need, so we make a priority list for the moment and get through that, it seems our priorities change to more simplistic ones, like remembering to breath, eat, stay Centered etc(well that's what it's been like for me) , where as when we're well, we handle everything and anything and priorities readjustment themselves . Like right now I just can't seem to complete two firms I need to, one to help explain small debt that I'm in, and secondly to receive correct benefit. I need to complete both, but have not been able to, hopefully today I can, I really need to. But sometimes that been too magnanimous a task, and as I'm doing mindfulness, I've really been jus staying in moment . Anyway, this ain't about me, I just wanted to Amy hope your well, and I also hope your simple solution works for you.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks Natalie. Much appreciated. You're right. My work and your forms have a lot in common. Letting the fear and stress get on top of me. Did ok today though, made a real dent in my inbox. Take care.

amaya

Postby amaya » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Did your thought work?

I hope tomorrow will also be a successful day :)

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:36 am

Hi my thought was a simple one. The last few days when sat at desk and feel like giving in and avoiding the scary / difficult / priority jobs, I ask myself what would Em do? Em is such a dynamo of energy and determination. Em wouldn't give in, she would get stuck in. That thought breaks me out of the negative spiral and allows me to get on with my work. It has been working better each day, long may it continue to be effective.

amaya

Postby amaya » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:02 pm

Em.. we have another craft project for you.. WWED bracklets haha

Seriously I think that is actually a good idea, I often use other people as an example this way and it really helps. Em is a good choice if enthusiam is what you need :) Em if you are reading I also find your determination inspiring :)

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi all

So much to do and I am sitting on the sofa watching a not very good show.
Got a follow up appointment with my therapist Monday and a doctors appointment at the end of the week. I looked through some of the stuff from therapy yesterday. That was tough but a good reminder of the path I am on, that there is a path. Funny thing, I found one thing moving in the therapy paperwork, a letter I wrote to the child that I was. The last line was 'I love you'. Still moves me now. I don't think I ever heard those words as a child. Perhaps it is the self acceptance that it represents that is important? Maye that has been at the core of so many improvements.

Anyway, enough of sofa sitting. Time I got a shower and got out, however much I don't want to.

Thanks for reading.

teamn

Postby teamn » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Nice thing you did, writing to younger self.. I've. It seen my counsellor for over a month now, all my professional support has gone down drain, no one contacting me or responding to my emails, I'll try and recap my sessions that's what you've inspired me to think about doing.

Hope you enjoy your evening

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi Natalie

I hope you do, really helped me to refocus. Its horrible when support is withdrawn, usually down to targets and other resource and funding issues. :(

Did they give a reason or have they just gone radio silent?

Return to “Mutual Support Group”