Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Devastating News - *poss trig*

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
ulysses

Re: Devastating News - *poss trig*t you agi

Postby ulysses » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:14 pm

sally, as i'm sure you know, nicotine is as a powerful drug, from which you're now suffering very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. On one list of dangerous drugs i saw, it was rated ninth and more so than LSD and ecstasy. As well as helping protect you against Parkinson's it also lowers your risk of getting Alzheimer's. it's also an appetite suppressant and so helps you stay thin. Furthermore, it reduces anxiety, and 85% and upwards of schizophrenics smoke because of nicotine's antipsychotic properties. So it's not all bad. But it's more bad than good. xxx
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

belle

Re: Devastating News - *poss trig*

Postby belle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Wishing you some peace and calm ulysses.
Do try ringing the Parkinson's nurses if you feel OK about it - they are really good.
xxx

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 pm

hope all is well with you today uylsees
x
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

ulysses

Postby ulysses » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Many thanks for your good wishes, belle. i hope the same for you too. I'm sure the nurses on the Parkinson's Uk helpline are marvelous, but like some others on the forum, i don't really like using the phone. With my Asperger's, i find it easier to organise my thoughts in an email or letter than in a spoken conversation. my brother's the opposite. i keep nagging him to open an email account, but he won't. hope we're going to see more of you on the forum again

Evangelica, it's really sweet of you to check if I'm okay today. yes i am, though i'm not sure if this is because i'm in denial or am achieving acceptance.

Hugs and love to you both.
xxx

caz

Postby caz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:35 pm

hi ulysses, am so so sorry to hear your bad news....I havent been around for a while due to my own problems but I do hope they will find a cure for parkinsons.....but like others have said it may not be but I am trying to understand what you are going through as I have twitches when I am really stressed due to depot injections but I hope you dont take your life hunni....you are prescious to us on here....am glad you are going to get in touch with parkinsons help sites....please stay safe and keep talking on here ......xxxxxxhugsxxxxxx
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!

ulysses

Postby ulysses » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:59 pm

caz, i really appreciate you posting your caring and supportive message, despite having to contend with significant problems of your own. fortunately my tremor isn't handicapping me yet, so i can still do buttons up, for instance. i think i have to avoid alcohol and stress, which just makes the symptoms worse. as only an occasional drinker the first shouldn't be a problem, but as a worry muffin the second will be considerably more difficult. Lovely of you to respond to my despaiing post. you take care too. xxx

DC07

Postby DC07 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm

I just want to say what a nice person you are. Your replies are so well considered and personal, I couldnt help but feel touched by them seeing as you are trying to come to terms with shocking news. You have a beautiful style. x
I'm not mad, I'm furious

Return to “Mutual Support Group”