Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Over sleeping

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
velvet

Over sleeping

Postby velvet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:08 pm

I have a reel problem oversleeping. When ever I am not at work I oversleep all the time. It's crazy and it's really becoming a problem, I will often sleep at least until midday on weekends and sometimes longer, it not uncommon for me to wake at 2 in the afternoon. Now this has been going on for over a year now and I'm sure I feel tired all the time at work, feel unmotivated and am becoming very frustrated and angry. This saturday I slept the whole day and didn't get out of bed apart from to eat and toilet waking up for a short while then falling asleep again. The way it makes me feel is awful, I feel exausted and have really bad headaches when Ive had a long sleep.

Ive been to the doctors and had tests but the doctor seemed uninterested so I guess it's down to me to sort out, any one have any idea or help they can offer it's really ruining my life.

myrtlemaid

Re: Over sleeping

Postby myrtlemaid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Have you had a thyroid test ? Sometimes having an underactive throid can make you very tired...not saying this is the case with you but its worth asking.. sadly sometimes docs presume that evry time someone with mental health probs go to them it is psychsomatic not physical but suprise suprise GPS people with mental health probs can get physical illnesses just the same as everyone else.

scotty1

Postby scotty1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:26 am

Hey I like you an sleeping loads. Think it the meds. Sometimes when your depressed you can sleep more than normal . Before I was diagnosed I was sleeping all night at weekends and up to 4 hours during the day. It was often my way of escaping from the real world and avoiding it too.
Check it outwith your GP though .

velvet

Postby velvet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

You know I have been through stages in my life where I have slept to avoid life and because I didn't think there was much worth getting out of bed for. But this time I am in a lot better state of mind and life is somewhat better. I wonder if there is some under lying issues of depression, sub consciously making me sleep. I know there's still a few things I am unhappy with in life but I just try to just get on with it.

Doctors test have always come up fine and nothing would suggest the reason for this.

Thanks for the replies.... :)

Return to “Mutual Support Group”