Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

GOOD MORNING, what are your plans for today?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness

Re: GOOD MORNING, what are your plans for today?

Postby judithj » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:45 am

hi l-k taken your advice - had to wait till my son was out though! hope your day picks up - don't try to do too much too soon.
i'm going to the cinema (again!) tonight - this time to see Prince Caspian. been looking forward to that, hugs Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."
judithj

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby psm » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:49 am

I have realised that I had once again fallen into the trap of withdrawing from people, so I thought I'd post something today just for the sake of it.

I've already driven my husband and daughter to the railway station and taken the car to the garage to be looked at as something was hanging down underneath - turned out to be the bit that hadn't yet fallen off and that a bigger bit had already fallen off (!), however they said the bit that had fallen off was just cosmetic and not worth replacing as it makes no difference whether it's there or not (!!!). They then kindly refused to charge me for looking at the car or tucking the bit that was hanging down back into position - which was nice!

Have now meditated, had breakfast, and am about to go walk my dog and then come back and read a book about boundaries (Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend). It was recommended on the Reading Resources thread - it is a bit full of a personal, interventionist God as a he-type references, but I'm ignoring those (hope no one who believes in a personal, interventionist God is offended by this comment), and the rest of the stuff is very insightful and helpful. So today is looking promising!

hope everyone has a nice day

best wishes

psm :)
psm

Postby iona » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:50 am

Hoping to see Prince Caspian next week with ds whilst on holiday.
Today is the last day of school here. Very emotional as ds is leaving his amazing infants school :oops: . It only has 20 pupils and the staff have been fab with the kids. Thankfully though my little girl starts it in august ;) ........don't want to think about her leaving it in 3 years.
there IS light at the end of that tunnel
iona

Postby penfold » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 am

Hello!

Just a quick note before i leap in the shower, can't stay on here too long as partner is running around like a blue arse fly!! We're off to London today!!!

It was my brother's 30th last week and my mum has arranged for the 4 of us to go to London and see a musical...he likes that sort of thing!

My partner hates London (no offence Londiniums!!!) so the fact that she's agreed to come with us is truly amazing and i'm really looking forward to it and desperately hoping that everything goes well with travelling, hotels, coach transfers etc. plus that my mum doesn't natter her too much!

Will let you all know what Spamalot is like!!

Will miss you until Monday, love and hugs PF xxx
DUM SPIRO, SPERO
penfold

Postby parapatty » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:48 am

Morning Everyone

I'm playing with my daughter this morning & going out on a date with my husband this afernoon to the flicks. We're off to see Wanted, has anyone been? We hardly ever do stuff together, so we're making an effort in that dept too.

Hi psm, you are so organized. You're making it all look easy. Good for you. you are doing so well!

ppx
parapatty

Postby gloom » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:53 am

Morning all, i'm stuck in work doing O/T.

Have to pay the devils price i guess. Not really meant to be doing this from work, so will chat proper later when home.

Have a good day all HUGS!!!!!
gloom

Postby caz » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:09 am

I managed to get out of work this morning but going into work really early tomorrow before church.
today I am going shopping with my cousin, I hate shopping especially with the crowd of people staring and talking about me. at 1pm I am going to a school fete where my 10year old nephew goes, his mums doing the bottle stall and his dads doing the hot dogs....mmmmm yummy hot dogs with onions I am going to try and eat one....maybe two hee hee, I hope it doesnt rain though, I hate the rain especially at school fetes it just puts a downer on the day.
my cousins nan is in hospital after suffering a stroke, we went to see her last night and awww she looked so frustrated I couldnt hold the tears back, she was unable to speak, she is so indpendant and this has knocked her back, shes 93 and going strong, I have kinda adopted her as my nan as I dont have any surviving nans now and shes such a lovely lady always asking after me evev when I am unable to go and visit. so we will be seeing *my * nan tonight and hopefully I can hold the tears in.

well toodle do hope everyone has an ok day today and dont forget to post what you have done on this forum to keep everybody being *nosey* and interested of course lol

HAVE A NICE DAY
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!
caz

Postby judithj » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:13 am

hi caz, i hope the sun shines for you and that you enjoy your hotdogs and your shopping.
your nan must find it so frustrating after her stroke - she sounds like a lovely person. she's so lucky to have been adopted by such a caring person as you. i hope she will be able to go on being independent. hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."
judithj

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby psm » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:51 pm

hi everyone

I would have typed this this morning if I hadn't been out. Plans for today were the usual saturday morning activities followed by us as a family working out who should be responsible for doing what at home, and then the three of us sorting out the contents of my daughter's bedroom (a task of gigantic proportions!). Now exhausted and looking forward to a Chinese takeaway and Dr Who!

hi pp, I must admit I find it difficult being organized, but structure and routine make me feel more grounded and safe so I'm including it as part of my getting better. hope you enjoyed your time with your daughter yesterday.

best wishes and hope everyone has a good weekend

psm :)
psm

Postby caz » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:10 pm

well the rain stayed off but it was a bit cold but I could put up with that
after the school fete we headed to the hospital which is an hours drive away, we walked into the hospital and nan was sitting in a chair which was a shock considering how she looked last night
when we all walked in she said *hello* which was another shock cos she couldnt talk last night either
we put money on the tv for her so she could watch tv
when we were leaving she was trying to get up and we were telling her to stay sitting down but she stood up so I went to talk to the nurse and said to her that nan is trying to walk us to the door and she said that she shouldnt be walking at all and I said but you dont understand she is actually standing up so she went over and helped her back to the chair
we were all made up because of the improvement after 2 days
nans such an independant person she does things for herself
I didnt cry today because I was so happier that nan was happy she was smiling all the time which is lovely
shes made me happy and puts a smile on my face

we are going to see nan tomorrow afternoon and she loves us going to see her especailly her great grandson too
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!
caz

PreviousNext

Return to Mutual Support Group